2011 F1 testing
Felipe Massa was the fastest driver in testing at Abu Dhabi as the F1 teams tried out Pirelli’s tyres for the first time.
He lapped within two seconds of the fastest time in the young drivers’ test set by Daniel Ricciardo in the Red Bull.
Sebastian Vettel was back at the wheel just five days after winning the world championship at the Yas Marina track. He was second-fastest for Red Bull.
With Gary Paffett third quickest for McLaren the early signs are a change of tyre supplier has done little to alter the balance of power between the teams.
Force India suffered a setback when Adrian Sutil stopped with an exahaust problem during the session. Test driver Paul di Resta took over after the car was repaired.
Robert Kubica also had a technical problem in his Renault, limiting him to just 39 laps.
|2||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull||1’40.500s|
|7||Paul di Resta||Force India||1’41.615s|
|9||Jaime Alguersuari||Toro Rosso||1’42.019s|
|10||Adrian Sutil||Force India||1’42.859s|
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren
Image ?é?® Ferrari spa
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others