New F1 Fanatic T-shirts and mugs available

F1 Fanatic updates

F1 Fanatic T-shirts and mugs are now available in three different styles starting at just ??8 (plus delivery costs).

Since launching the original F1 Fanatic T-shirt in July I’ve been looking for ideas for different designs to offer.

These two new slogans were picked a couple of weeks ago and have been transformed into simple and stylish T-shirts by motorsport apparel specialists Unlap.

And for the first time you can also get all three designs printed on mugs as well.

All three mugs are priced at ??8 each. The two new T-shirts with front printing only sell for ??14 and the original T-shirt with printing on the front and back is ??15.

All the T-shirt is made using 100% cotton with styling features including ribbed neck knitted with Lycra, hemmed sleeve and bottom, taped neck from shoulder to shoulder and twin needle stitching for extra comfort and durability.

“Second place is the first loser”

F1 Fanatic "Second place is the first loser" mug

It’s been said time and again in motor racing that the only place that matters is first place.

“Second place is the first loser” sums it up quite neatly.

“Real racers don’t need team orders”

F1 Fanatic "Real racers don't need team orders" mug

Enjoy your coffee with a teaspoonful of controversy?

This design was inspired by the vocal response on the site to the most controversial moment of 2010.

It’s expected to be liked and loathed in equal measure!

F1 Fanatic logo

The original F1 Fanatic logo T-shirt is still available and now you can get the same design on a mug as well.

If there’s any other F1 Fanatic products you’d like to see please suggest them in the comments.

Read more: Are you an F1 Fanatic? Now you can wear the T-shirt that proves it??

81 comments on New F1 Fanatic T-shirts and mugs available

1. box this lap (@sebashuis) said on 23rd November 2010, 5:37

Still looking forward to see the F1 Fanatic merchandise live on the TV on one of the GP coverages!

2. How about a picture of the 2010 winner,with the text:

“The finger keeps coming back,even on this mug”

3. Once again this website, although generally pretty good shows its editors complete anti Ferrari bias. Perhaps next year a bit more impartiality to go with what are usually quite informative articles, or maybe a mug having a bit of a dig at those who in your opinion can do no wrong?

4. A bit disappointing. I guess those slogans are meant for those who want a dig at Alonso and Ferrari, but, sorry, they are not that great if you just like the sport and the competition.

• BasCB said on 23rd November 2010, 9:15

I like them exactly because of the sport and the competition. Not explicitly against Ferrari, nor Alonso, just against using Team orders to change the competition.

The first one (second place is the first loser) is one of the most famous quotes of Ayrton Senna, and he was talking about why he wants to win it.
      That should not offend Alonso nor Ferrari in any way, they wholeheartedly agree with that quote.

• The quote “second place is just the first loser” is usually attributed to Dale Earnhardt. I’ve heard that idea since I was little so no surprise if Senna or any other competitor also said it.

• Brian Baum said on 23rd November 2010, 16:24

MVI wrote: “A bit disappointing. I guess those slogans are meant for those who want a dig at Alonso and Ferrari, but, sorry, they are not that great if you just like the sport and the competition.”

Agreed, it seems a little petty to me. But in that same spirit, how about these mugs? “The red light at the pit exit means STOP. – Canada 2008″ or “Midfield driver + double diffuser = 2009 WDC” or “Next time save the team $100 million and buy the wife her own copy machine”. I think these would sell pretty well.

5. Rob B said on 23rd November 2010, 8:55

Brilliant Keith – another item onto my list for Santa! :D

6. Dear Keith.

By the way, the “save fuel” order will be banned for the future, so better you make a mug and a t-shirt now with this slogan for the recordings, so everybody can remember it too.

Bye.

7. antonyob said on 23rd November 2010, 9:23

surely if its a mug, then it relates to Massa ? ;)

8. Funkyf1 said on 23rd November 2010, 9:30

This might explain why I am yet to receive my f1 fanatic t-shirt that I paid for on the 2nd of Oct and why Luke has stopped answering my emails. I really think you need to get a more reliable distributor Keith. I would consider ordering the new design if I ever get my first purchase.

9. Drowsy said on 23rd November 2010, 11:47

“REAL RACERS DON’T NEED TEAM ORDERS”

BUT….

Real teams should evaluate team orders IF, like this season, the competition is so fierce. So personally I don’t agree.

And stop blaming the ferrari case, you’re so patetic, that’s what the sports is all about, to be fair both drivers should start in parity, but when you see that rivals are close to you all the time, a good team should evaluate whom of the drivers is in the best position to compete for the championship and start from there, but it has to be a collective decision. So stop this Ferrari thing, if it wasn’t the pit error in Abu Dhabi, Alonso would have been fairly the champion today.

10. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 23rd November 2010, 11:53

I think in the spirit of Keith being so quick with his analyses and breaking stories, there should be a mug that says “F1Fanatic is faster than you!”

“Save fuel” or “No refuelling ban here!” would be a great one because most of us can’t get by without a good cuppa!

If you want to go on the team orders one, how about misquoting Rob Smedley and having one that says “Great result and very, very mug-nanimous?”

I’ll get my coat.

11. antonyob said on 23rd November 2010, 11:57

haha or one for Hulkenberg

“you for coffee?”

say it out loud a few times

12. antonyob said on 23rd November 2010, 12:38

how about

i said tea orders Mr fia man, not team orders!

13. I find these slogans quite offensive. Didn’t spect something like that from you.

Can’t believe how seriously some people take what is obviously a bit of fun.

Lighten up and learn to enjoy a joke!

14. Patrickl said on 23rd November 2010, 15:32

Do you have one with “Real racers don’t need flexible bodywork”?

15. How about: “Here’s mud in your F-duct”