Looking for F1 gift ideas?
With the festive season fast approaching F1 Fanatic’s got dozens of present suggestions for the Formula 1 fan in your life.
From games to DVDs to books and more you’ll find loads of ideas below.
F1 2010 season review DVD: “Sebastian’s Coming of Age”
The official 2010 F1 season review DVD is five hours long and spread across two discs.
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2010
Not quite as much fun as being there but the Goodwood Festival of Speed review is packed with footage from the event.
The DVD review of this year’s Goodwood Revival has also been released:
British GP 1964
A new video published by Duke which contains some brilliant footage of the 1964 British Grand Prix. A terrific historic piece, it may be on the short side but the quality of the material is excellent.
Other motor sport DVDs
For those with tastes beyond Formula 1, seek out the season reviews for other top categories such as these.
More F1 season review DVDs
Fill the gaps in your collection:
- 2009 F1 season review DVD – “Sebastian’s Coming of Age”
- 2008 F1 season review DVD – “Luck does not come into it”
- 2007 F1 season review DVD – “Kimi made it at last”
- 2006 F1 season review DVD – “Once again”
- 2005 F1 season review DVD – “Fantastic Fernando”
- 2004 F1 season review DVD – “Michael does it again”
- 2003 F1 season review DVD – “Michael & co.: The dream team”
Not enough for you? Here’s some more F1 video gift ideas.
F1 2010 – The official Formula 1 game
After a long wait the first official F1 game for major formats finally arrived this year.
Loads of F1 Fanatic readers have bought it already and have been sharing their progress on the forum.
F1 Fanatic T-shirts
Official F1 Fanatic wear is now available in a range of three styles:
- Buy the F1 Fanatic original logo T-shirt now from Unlap
- Buy the F1 Fanatic “Real racers don’t need team orders” T-shirt now from Unlap
- Buy the F1 Fanatic “Second place is the first loser” T-shirt now from Unlap
And you can get the same styles in mug forum too:
- Buy the F1 Fanatic original logo mug now from Unlap
- Buy the F1 Fanatic “Real racers don’t need team orders” mug now from Unlap
- Buy the F1 Fanatic “Second place is the first loser” mug now from Unlap
One F1 Fanatic reader has already a copy of this fascinating collection of material from Jackie Stewart’s career.
At ?é?ú295 it’s not cheap but you can get free delivery when you buy it directly from the publishers. Simply enter the voucher code F1FANATIC when you buy the book from Genesis.
The Battle for the British Grand Prix
Alan Henry on the decades of dispute over the future of the British Grand Prix.
Jochen Rindt: Uncrowned King
This year saw the 40th anniversary of the death of Jochen Rindt. He won the championship after he was killed, making him the sport’s only posthumous champion.
This new book by David Tremayne tells the story of his life.
Grand Prix Showdown!
An update of a book first published almost 20 years ago, re-telling every championship-deciding race from 1950 to 2008.
The Science of Formula 1 Design
Reviewed hear earlier this year, several copies have already been bought by F1 Fanatic readers interested in learning more about modern F1 car design.
The Golden Age of Formula 1
Several F1 Fanatic readers went to the exhibition of photographs by Rainer Schlegelmilch in London earlier this. This book brings together a selection of pictures from his decades in the sport.
Overdrive: Formula 1 in the zone
Explores the psychology of driving a Formula 1 car at the limit.
Buy Burning Rubber
Charles Jennings re-tells F1 history dating back to before the creation of the modern world championship.
The Art of the Formula One Race Car
Stuart Codling’s brilliantly researched and fabulously photographed pick of 18 significant F1 cars from teams like Ferrari, McLaren, Brabham and Lotus.
Grand Prix Battlegrounds
A book on all the tracks used for F1 races.
Grand Prix Yesterday and Today
An updated version of this book, which juxtaposes photographs of Formula 1 scenes at different stages in its history.
Other F1 books
Some of the popular F1 titles released last year:
“My championship year” by Jenson Button – Read the review | Buy Jenson Button: My championship year
“Williams” by Maurice Hamilton – Read the review | Buy Williams
“Senna versus Prost” by Malcolm Foley” – Read the review | Buy Senna versus Prost
“Stirling Moss: All my races” – Read the review | Buy Stirling Moss: All my races
“The Toleman Story” by Christopher Hilton – Buy “The Toleman Story”
Ten F1 Fanatic readers won copies of the latest Autocourse annual in this year’s Predictions Championship. If you weren’t among the lucky few, make sure you don’t miss out on a copy of the latest edition of the definitive Grand Prix annual.
Autocourse: 60 years of world championship Grand Prix motor racing
An extra edition published this year to mark the first 60 seasons of the world championship.
Other F1 annuals
Though great, Autocourse is a pricey purchase and there are less expensive annuals available:
- Buy the Official Formula 1 Season Review 2010
- Buy the Official ITV Formula One Annual 2011
- Buy the ITV Sport Complete Encyclopedia of Formula One
Nout found the F1 book you’re looking for? Find more in the F1 books section.
Car-a-day by Rob Ijbema
Rob Ijbema paints a range of racing car pictures and supplied one for the winner of the 2010 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship.
F1 photographer Darren Heath’s pictures are available to buy as prints.
You can get cars for all the different drivers and teams – here’s a small selection of the most popular choices.
The driver – and car – of the season.
A rare pairing of two British world champions.
Fernando Alonso’s first year in red.
Michael Schumacher in silver.
Nico H?â??lkenberg gave Williams their first pole position in 100 races.
Race tickets make a great present for an F1 fan.
Whichever race you choose to go to you can find useful advice on where to buy tickets from and which ones to go to in the 2011 race discussion pages:
- 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Australian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Chinese Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Turkish Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Spanish Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Monaco Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Canadian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 European Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 British Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 German Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Belgian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Italian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Singapore Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Japanese Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix discussion
- 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix discussion
A simple ‘stocking-filler’ idea:
- Buy the official McLaren 2011 calendar
- Buy the official Ferrari 2011 Calendar
- Buy the Speed Addicts 2011 Calendar
- Buy the Autocourse Grand Prix Calendar 2011
You can buy a section of the Brooklands oval to help preserve the historic circuit. More details below.
Ferrari fan? Money no object? Direct your attention to the 852-page, 37kg, ?é?ú2,000 Ferrari Opus:
Are you buying or hoping to receive any F1 gifts this year? Name your perfect present – and suggest any good ones I’ve missed – in the comments.
F1 Fanatic earns a commission on products sold via the links to our affiliate partners above, however you are not charged any extra.
You can help support F1 Fanatic when you buy any products (including non-F1 purchases) from Amazon. See here for more information.