2011 F1 season
Renault have revealed the first genuine photographs of their current R30 F1 car in the new 2011 Lotus livery.
It has a black-and-gold design similar to that which Tony Fernandes’s Lotus Racing team also intends to use in 2011, harking back to the John Player Special Lotuses of the 1970s and 1980s.
Renault announced this morning it will be sponsored by Lotus Cars in 2011, who have also invested in the team.
Lotus Racing and Lotus Cars are currently in dispute over the rights to the use the name “Lotus”.
Update: Another rendering of the livery:
Lotus naming rights row
- Lotus to keep name until 2017 despite losing title sponsorship
- Lotus confirms 2012 name change to Caterham
- Renault, Lotus and Virgin to change names in 2012
- Bahar ‘determined’ to win right to call team ‘Lotus’
- Court rules Lotus have right to use name “Team Lotus”
- Fernandes: Group Lotus did their best to destroy us
- Lotus vs Lotus: Time to stop the nonsense
- Team Lotus revert to green and yellow livery for 2011
- Renault reveal R30 with new 2011 Lotus livery
- Who are the real ‘Lotus’ in F1? (Poll)