2011 F1 season
Lotus will not change to a black-and-gold livery in 2011, according to Tony Fernandes.
The team principal stated on Twitter the team will stick with its green and yellow colour scheme next year:
After lots of thought. The shareholders, Riad [Asmat] and Mike [Gascoyne] have decided we will stay with green and yellow for next season. Silly to have four black and gold cars.
With Formula One going green what better to have green. Also to many negative comments on cigarettes.
Team Lotus had run a competition for fans to design a black and gold livery for the 2011 season.
But earlier this week Renault announced its deal with Group Lotus and revealed plans to use a black and gold colour scheme for 2011.
The two outfits are still in dispute over the use of the name ‘Lotus’.
Update: According to Mike Gascoyne the team will still produce a black and gold ‘show car':
Tony saying we may stay with the green and yellow. To all those who entered the black and gold logo competition don’t worry, we will paint a show car in the winning colours come what may.
Lotus naming rights row
- Lotus to keep name until 2017 despite losing title sponsorship
- Lotus confirms 2012 name change to Caterham
- Renault, Lotus and Virgin to change names in 2012
- Bahar ‘determined’ to win right to call team ‘Lotus’
- Court rules Lotus have right to use name “Team Lotus”
- Fernandes: Group Lotus did their best to destroy us
- Lotus vs Lotus: Time to stop the nonsense
- Team Lotus revert to green and yellow livery for 2011
- Renault reveal R30 with new 2011 Lotus livery
- Who are the real ‘Lotus’ in F1? (Poll)