Register your F1 Fanatic account to vote in polls

F1 Fanatic updates

As of today, F1 Fanatic polls are only available to registered users.

Registering on F1 Fanatic

The first thing to know is if you have registered on the F1 Fanatic Forum you do not need to register again. Your log-in will work on all parts of the site.

If you wish to register an account you can do so via the ‘Log in’ link at the top right of the page:

Register your F1 Fanatic account now

You can also do so via the registration page on the forum.

Which way you register, your account will work the same and allow you to comment on the forum and vote in polls.

You do not need an account to comment on the blog.

Your email address and other details will not be passed on to any third parties.

At present third-party log-in options (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, OpenID) are not supported but if you’re keen to see this – or have any questions – do let me know in the comments.

The change is to help ensure that polls reflect the opinions of regular readers of F1 Fanatic.

There have been a few instances in the past 12 months of large groups of users from other sites voting en masse to manipulate poll results. This happened most recently with the “Pass of the year” vote.

48 comments on Register your F1 Fanatic account to vote in polls

1. Hi Keith:

Thanks for your work on this site. It became a “must read” on my day to day (my home page actually).

Is there any way to change the password of the account to an easier to remember one set by me? Best chance I’ll forget this one in less than one day!!

Thanks again and best wishes to you and all readers!

2. BasCB (@bascb) said on 21st December 2010, 17:28

I think this is a good idea Keith, helps keep the polls representative.

3. McLarenFanJamm (@mclarenfanjamm) said on 21st December 2010, 17:28

Good move Keith.

Highlighted by the farce of the poll for best overtake…

4. topdowntoedown (@topdowntoedown) said on 21st December 2010, 17:38

Great :)

It appears I was previously registered as ‘LewisC’ but no idea what the password was; so I’m now known as the above.

Which matches my Twitting account.

5. Adrian J (@adrian-j) said on 21st December 2010, 17:39

How ironic, I only just registered on the Forum a few days ago!!

6. Ned Flanders (@ned-flanders) said on 21st December 2010, 18:04

This is a sad day for the people of Poland

• Warwick (@warwick) said on 21st December 2010, 18:52

Warwick likes this post.

• Cyclops said on 21st December 2010, 20:01

For your information, some of us actually read the blog on regular basis…

• dyslexicbunny (@dyslexicbunny) said on 21st December 2010, 21:12

Not really. All they have to do is register. But I’m glad it happened. Now voting requires a little bit of effort.

And guys (or gals) like Cyclops are always cool. I really don’t care who you pull for as long as you contribute to the discussion. It’s really just a little bit of work for fanboys.

• Maciek said on 21st December 2010, 21:35

Two things. First, I’m also Polish, and I don’t feel sad! Two, can someone fill me in: what happened on the pass of the year poll (I must’ve slept through that one)?

• Two Kubica passes were easily on top. One on Webber/Button on lap 1 of Valencia and one on Sutil in Singapore (I have to say I liked that one a lot, but voted for Kobayashi on Alg in Suzuka hairpin)

• dyslexicbunny (@dyslexicbunny) said on 21st December 2010, 21:45

The article was posted on a Polish forum and suddenly the polls went pro-Kubica. I thought he was definitely a contender for overtaker of the year but the numbers were skewed significantly.

Original results were Ham, Kub, and Kob in top three around the same margin. Best overtake, I can’t remember.

• Maciek said on 21st December 2010, 21:52

Right, never mind, I just found it. I guess I never went back to it at the time so I missed the brouhaha. To be fair, the one Polish site mentioned in the comments in the original thread presented the F1F poll objectively, though I imagine there must have been other fan sites that didn’t. Anyhoo, certainly a good move by Keith, though I’m afraid that people who are zealous enough to vote en masse because they think proves something are probably zealous enough to register so they can do it. Hopefully the extra time and effort will be enough of a deterrent.

7. Ha, good timeing as i only registered (properly) yesterday, and without knowing about this. Perhaps i should use this power of forsight and get a job with one of the teams ay? ;)

Seriously Keith, good job on making this site even better then what it was. Keep up the good work.

8. Cyclops said on 21st December 2010, 20:00

Good move keith :)

9. xxiinophobia (@xxiinophobia) said on 21st December 2010, 21:18

I’d like to point out that I like that you can comment with your forum login.

Been a reader of the site for most of this year, but only registered just now (same name as all my previous comments here).

Now just debating as to if I want to have an avatar… hmmm… questions…

10. Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 21st December 2010, 21:43

Registered :) Unfortunately e-mail with password didn’t get through to my polish mailbox, so I had to add the _PL to my nickname and register again with gmail. Small inconvenience. Still as I and many others said – good idea, hopefully it will eradicate rigged votes.

11. Good idea. Should have had put poll under the article saying “Did you register? Yes/No”. I want to vote on something!!! lol

12. Nice one Keith. I think the only way you’re going to prevent the site being flooded with registrations though, is to actually require a minimum of say 10 posts on the forum before you are allowed to vote though. And I say that quite probably excluding myself from voting unless I start posting on the forum more often.

13. To prevent hijacking of polls by Poles (and others :) you could also require fo the voting Fanatic to be registered by at least 24 hours.
    Greetings from another Polish regular reader.

14. Anyway I can change my login to match my usual name Keith? I did set one up but the password never appeared in my e-mail so had to add 87 at the end, which I really don’t like!

15. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 22nd December 2010, 0:12

So, with the votes being stacked in favour of Kubica in the pass of the year poll, who won?

Or is that for another article?