Register your F1 Fanatic account to vote in polls

F1 Fanatic updates

As of today, F1 Fanatic polls are only available to registered users.

Registering on F1 Fanatic

The first thing to know is if you have registered on the F1 Fanatic Forum you do not need to register again. Your log-in will work on all parts of the site.

If you wish to register an account you can do so via the ‘Log in’ link at the top right of the page:

Register your F1 Fanatic account now

You can also do so via the registration page on the forum.

Which way you register, your account will work the same and allow you to comment on the forum and vote in polls.

You do not need an account to comment on the blog.

Your email address and other details will not be passed on to any third parties.

At present third-party log-in options (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, OpenID) are not supported but if you’re keen to see this – or have any questions – do let me know in the comments.

The change is to help ensure that polls reflect the opinions of regular readers of F1 Fanatic.

There have been a few instances in the past 12 months of large groups of users from other sites voting en masse to manipulate poll results. This happened most recently with the “Pass of the year” vote.

48 comments on Register your F1 Fanatic account to vote in polls

1. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 22nd December 2010, 1:31

Nice work Keith. I think you should also allow people to have an account when they post a comment as you many people unknown to us out of nowhere comes & write while they are drunk.

2. Guelph35 said on 22nd December 2010, 2:17

Ive tried to register but i never get the e-mail containing my password.

It says my email address is in use.

3. Alex (@alex) said on 22nd December 2010, 2:50

How can I change my username? I want to stick with the one I used in the Championship Predictions.

Anyway, this is a definitely a good move.

• Chua (@chua) said on 23rd December 2010, 9:07

Keith, I would also like to ask the same question. I used this name from a long time ago, but would like to change it to either czhihong.

Also, a direct FB connect log-in would be cool :)

4. Accidental Mick said on 22nd December 2010, 11:45

Keith, Sorry to put this here but I don’t think that your “contact me” link is working – or at least not for me. (There are several other things that don’t work as they used to, is it beause I am still using Windows XP?)

I have asked half a dozen times for my password to be reset as it has got screwed somehow. Please would you reset it for me.

5. Guelph35 said on 22nd December 2010, 23:00

I’ve tried the lost password link but still no email. Perhaps you’ve found your way onto a blacklist somewhere?

If you can try from another domain to the email I used for this post…

6. torrit said on 23rd December 2010, 14:55

It’s been two days now and I still haven’t received e-mail with a password. I suppose I could register another account and type in another address but my nickname is “taken” now and I wouldn’t like to change it. Is there something that could be done?

7. F1Fanatic from PL said on 24th December 2010, 10:05

Very good movement. Shame it is because of idiots from my country, hope it will scare them out of this great blog.

8. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 25th June 2012, 20:55

Tyres or tires, the winner of a F1 race should NOT be based on who laid back while others raced and then won by having the tyres to hang on and win… Thanks, R & R

9. Thanks for the useful advice. I have just recently been trying to find an option to get my Montreal web development company started up and this info has came in the right time. Do you have other suggestion on the best ways to raise the brand presence of websites?

10. I am actually delighted to glance at this website posts which includes lots of useful information, thanks for providing these statistics.