Vote for the best F1 driver of 2010

2010 F1 season review

Drivers, Abu Dhabi, 2010

Drivers, Abu Dhabi, 2010

Over the past four days F1 Fanatic has ranked the drivers of 2010.

Now it’s your turn to vote for the best driver of this year.

Which driver did the best job throughout the whole of 2010? Cast your vote below and explain who you voted for and why in the comments.

Who was the best F1 driver of 2010?

• Jenson Button (2%)
  • Lewis Hamilton (31%)
  • Michael Schumacher (1%)
  • Nico Rosberg (3%)
  • Sebastian Vettel (11%)
  • Mark Webber (6%)
  • Felipe Massa (0%)
  • Fernando Alonso (21%)
  • Rubens Barrichello (0%)
  • Nico H???lkenberg (0%)
  • Lucas di Grassi (0%)
  • Karun Chandhok (0%)
  • Pedro de la Rosa (0%)
  • Sakon Yamamoto (0%)

Total Voters: 518

Loading ... Loading ...

You need to sign in to vote. You can register an account here or read more information here.

2010 F1 season review

Browse all 2010 F1 season review articles

Image ?? Bridgestone/Ercole Colombo

143 comments on Vote for the best F1 driver of 2010

1. For some reason I cant vote for my Driver of the Year? Using IE8, but doesnt work at all in either standard mode or compatibility view?

2. Cornflakes (@cornflakes) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:23

KUBICA – no question. He deserves a world title now more than anyone.

Mind you, if I could vote twice, Webber would have got my other one

• mis (@) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:30

he deserves a decent, race winning, car.
      than he can show if he can win a title (and I’m sure he can deliver).

3. paskovich (@paskovich) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:23

hmm…looking at overall season i think Alo. cos he made less mistakes then any other driver. he was clearly in slower car then red bull drivers and he was constantly throught season faster then felipe, about 0.2 0.3 seconds!only dark spot was germany but he was clearly “faster” then felipe there just ask R.Smedley:)

4. I don’t know between Fernando, Lewis and Rosberg. Fernando’s second half was just supreme, Hamilton’s first half was msotly tremendous and Rosberg although hard to judge his actual pace didn’t make many -if any- mistakes in a car that really didn’t suit him.

5. karan01 (@karan01) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:39

Typical UK bias. What has Hamilton done that out classes everybody else?

• Kodongo (@kodongo) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:50

Leading the World Championship two thirds of the way through the season in the second best car. It’s pretty annoying having to read through page after page of UK bias. Time to use some Rob Smedley like plain English:
      “This poll may contain people whose opinions are different to you. Can you confirm that you have understood?”

• Anthony_MR (@anthony_mr) said on 23rd December 2010, 3:34

Im not from the UK, Im not even english speaking… yet I voted for Hamilton, so stop the ridiculous “british bias” claim.

6. himmatsj (@himmatsj) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:46

How on earth is Sakon down with -4%….some sort of hack that be?

7. kbcusa (@kbcusa) said on 22nd December 2010, 15:56

Vettel won more races and a lot more polls than anyone else, out performed his teammate and won the world championship. What more do you need?

8. kbcusa (@kbcusa) said on 22nd December 2010, 16:00

Hamilton was clearly in the mix, but just as clearly was not a standout. English bias is, on the other hand, clearly evident here.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 22nd December 2010, 16:16

This is getting a bit ridiculous now. You’re looking at three paragraphs and a list of poll options and calling that ‘bias’? Please.

• kbcusa (@kbcusa) said on 22nd December 2010, 16:44

Don’t get me wrong, I think Lewis is a great driver. I am a fan. But to say he had a better year than Vettel or Alonso, or maybe a couple of others is a stretch. Voting for the home town boy is understandable and happens everywhere, but an objective review does not put Lewis at the top of the heap. Not this year.

• Anthony_MR (@anthony_mr) said on 23rd December 2010, 3:36

Well… ask autosport about that, they ranked him No. 1 too, but let me ask you 1 question… if this is “british bias” then why isnt Button in 2nd place?

or why wasnt David Coulthard never in the 1st spot in the years before?

9. Joey-Poey (@joey-poey) said on 22nd December 2010, 16:01

I voted for Kamui. It was a tough choice between him and Kubica. This is disregarding the car in the equation, which obviously tends to skew views easily on how well someone is driving. Kamui manhandled that thing around a lot of people this season. Considering passing seems to be a skill that shows up less and less in the field (save for guys like Hamilton), I give a lot of props to Koby for bringing the art back to life.

10. Alonso. And I say that as a Hamilton fan who can’t stand Ferrari and what they did this year.

11. Kubica. Can’t wait for him in competitive car :)

12. The Edge (@the-edge) said on 22nd December 2010, 16:39

its got to be lewis…i would have said alonso but with that bad attitude and his big fat head he talked himself out of the running

13. I decided between Rosberg and Kubica. And my vote went to Kubica :)
    Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Webber – all had at least one crash this year. Robert and Nico made the best of their equipment almost without faults in the whole season.

14. hard to pick one, so i went for the one with the most faultless season i could think of. Kubica. He has been brilliant and made very few mistakes. But he also had a very bad team mate, which i think made him look better.

15. golson (@golson) said on 22nd December 2010, 17:02

Lewis makes races EXCITING, even when he has qualified poorly. You can count on him to charge through the field, passing competitors one after the other. He passes more than any other driver. The battle he had with Kimi at Spa in 2008 is still one of the best races of all time.

16. Pedal to the Vettel (@pedal-to-the-vettel) said on 22nd December 2010, 17:37

Alonso…
    I’m British, a vettel fan and a Mercedes car lover, so on a rating of 1 to 10 how “biased” am I ?

Just vote who you think is the best and stop giving Keith and other people grief for the love of Zeus.

17. I’m going to plump for Vettel I think.

He did have a few silly mistakes the odd reliabilty problem but, to be fair, 10 pole positions, 5 wins, 3 fastest laps and the most points, he did a fine job.

Well done to him.

18. LucaBadoerFan (@lucabadoerfan) said on 22nd December 2010, 17:58

i voted for nico rosberg – without a doubt, THE driver of the 2010 season for me. it’s almost criminal he’s only received five votes so far – mine included.

• Toby Bushby (@toby-bushby) said on 23rd December 2010, 8:16

Rosberg gets my vote too. I was tempted to go for Kubica, but felt that Rosberg did just as well in a similarly paced car, but with the presence of The Uber Champion and all that comes with that.

Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel and Webber all made serious – even stupid – mistakes during the year, but Rosberg and Kubica kept it on the road – except for when the wheels fell off, literally. Rosberg is (in my opinion) the most underrated driver in F1. Long may it continue! :D

Nice job with the login-only poll, Keith. Very sad you have to do it, but poll-stacking ruins the whole exercise….

19. Casanova (@casanova) said on 22nd December 2010, 18:02

I voted for Rosberg. Like Kubica, he punched above his weight, often mixing it with the title contenders in an upper-midfield car. Like Kubica, he very rarely made a mistake. Like Kubica, he nailed his team-mate over the season pretty comprehensively.

But that team-mate being Michael Schumacher makes Rosberg’s season stand out for me above everybody elses.

20. I’d vote for alonso without blinking, but him being stuck behind petrov in the last race has stopped me. I’m off for a drink, so I’ll leave this important decision until tomorrow.

• dyslexicbunny (@dyslexicbunny) said on 22nd December 2010, 19:58

I overlooked it because Hamilton had just as much trouble getting past Kubica. I think a lot more of that has to do with the track than anything else.