The 2010 F1 season in 100 pictures

2010 F1 season review

What was the defining image of the 2010 season?

Barrichello and Schumacher wheel-to-wheel at the Hungaroring? Kovalainen’s Lotus ablaze in Singapore?

Here’s a selection of 100 pictures that tell the story of the 2010 season.

2010 F1 season review

Browse all 2010 F1 season review articles

Images ?? Ferrari spa, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, Bridgestone/Ercole Colombo, www.mclaren.com, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Lotus F1, Virgin Racing, Cosworth

31 comments on The 2010 F1 season in 100 pictures

1. David-A (@david-a) said on 24th December 2010, 0:31

Michael Schumacher, Ferrari, pre-season testing

Not anymore :P

2. The picture of webbers muddy RB6 defines his season

3. the barcelona start picture is still one of my favorites of all time..

4. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 24th December 2010, 2:13

Nice collection of pic Keith.

5. US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th December 2010, 2:25

I think if I had to pick one pic as the “defining picture of the season” it would be Bernie with the top 5. That reminds me what a great season it was between 5 great drivers all the way to the end.

6. US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th December 2010, 2:27

I feel bad for Kubica. If he’s not careful he’s gonna end up with a comb-over. He should just give up and start shaving his melon now, and polishing it up like a racing helmet.

7. TED BELL said on 24th December 2010, 8:59

What?? No photos of the wheels coming off the STR at China??? Never to be seen again…must be among “the” photos of 2010 just because of the unusual circumstance.

8. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th December 2010, 9:20

If I had to pick a defining picture it would be one of Silverstone packed to the rafters compared to a not-even-full Abu Dhabi.

9. Dan8 (@dan8) said on 24th December 2010, 9:29

My favorite image of the year is the podium one in Abu Dhabi, where Hamilton and Button are pouring on Vettel.

10. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 24th December 2010, 14:01

Probably not the most exciting or dramatic photo ever, but the picture that best sums up the season im my opinion: http://bit.ly/dUhdSy :)

11. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 24th December 2010, 14:56

Barrichello vs. Schumacher in Hungary, the five championship contenders plus Bernie leaning on the pit fence, and the champions podium in Abu Dhabi are the most serious contenders IMHO.

12. slowhand said on 24th December 2010, 15:57

Robert Kubica, Renault, Monte-Carlo, 2010. A great photo that shows a driver who has worked for his money. Reminds me of some of the great Jesse Alexander portrait shots.

13. The final picture, of Vettel weeping after winning the title, is the one that I’ll remember.

That, and his radio transmission to Rocky after the race.

Fantastic stuff! :D

14. I loved the camera shots of when Lewis ran over the bollards in Abu Dhabi. The one at the chicane was great, they should have more F1 shots like that.

15. Five of my favorites are:

1. The five contenders in Korea, symbolizing how close this year’s championship was

2. Webber’s wrecked Korea-spec Red Bull chassis, showing how his chances slipped away

3. Kovalainen running away from his burning Lotus, as it symbolizes Group Lotus as the fire

4. Rubens vs. Schumi at Hungary; Ruben’s isn’t leaving anytime soon!

5. Peter Sauber congratulating Kobayashi at Valencia, the first of many of his exciting races.

However, the most defining moment for me was Vettel being ‘baptised’ at the Abu Dhabi podium by his predecessors Hamilton and Button, showing us that F1 is going to stay competitive, and the one-man show era of Michael Schumacher is over.