2011 F1 season
Former F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan claims he will make a comeback with HRT in 2011.
Karthikeyan told Autocar India he will be on the grid in time for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix this year:
I have worked really hard to come back to F1 and it will be a dream come true to race in front of the home crowd in our country?óÔé¼Ôäós debut Grand Prix. I hope that the Indian public will spur me on with their blessings and good wishes.
Karthikeyan previously raced in F1 with Jordan in 2005. The team was run by current HRT team principal Colin Kolles at the time. Karthikeyan later joined Williams as a reserve driver.
Karthikeyan said on Twitter:
Back in F1 in 2011. Signed a deal to race for HRT. I’ve always maintained that my time in F1 was not over and now making good on that promise.
Huge thanks to my long-time supporters in the Tata Group. Their support has been instrumental.
Fellow Indian Karun Chandhok drove for HRT in the first half of 2010.
View the list of 2011 F1 drivers and teams.
- Razia and Valsecchi to be Lotus reserve drivers
- Pedro de la Rosa rejoins McLaren as reserve
- HRT confirm Liuzzi as Karthikeyan’s team mate
- Di Resta to race for Force India, H?â??lkenberg to test
- Fairuz Fauzy joins Renault as reserve driver for 2011
- HRT confirm Karthikeyan in team for 2011
- Renault set date for ‘Lotus Renault GP R31′ launch
- Force India to launch VJM04 at Jerez test
- Petrov to remain at Renault in 2011 and 2012
- Jerome d’Ambrosio to drive for Virgin in 2011
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT