2011 F1 testing
Pirelli concluded their series of private tests with a wet weather tyre test at Abu Dhabi.
Unusually, the test was run under lights at night time.
F1 has never had a wet night race before, and the pictures and video from the test below give an impression of what one would look like.
Pirelli’s Formula One team director Paul Hembery said the purpose of the test was to evaluate how the tyres would perform on a hot but wet track:
It is seven months since we started developing our tyres and five since we started with the actual testing. We are very satisfied with the results so far and we have also collected very positive feedback from the teams.
Soon it will be time to get started in Spain where the first official test of the season will take place. We will use this opportunity to gather more feedback from teams and drivers and be ready for the Bahrain Grand Prix in March.
Pedro de la Rosa was at the wheel’s of Pirelli’s Toyota TF109. The team also continued their slick tyre tests.
Pirelli wet tyre test videos
Pirelli wet tyre test pictures
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren
Images ?é?® Pirelli
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others