Former Lotus test driver Fairuz Fauzy has joined Renault as the team’s reserve driver for 2011.
Fauzy drove for Lotus in five practice sessions in 2010.
The Malaysian driver has also become the first member of the LRGP Academy, the team’s young driver programme. Renault says further drivers will join the team during 2011.
Fauzy said he hopes the deal will lead to his first opportunity to race in F1:
I want to thank Lotus Renault GP for giving me this opportunity. It?óÔé¼Ôäós a real honour to be part of a top team that has achieved so much in the sport and it?óÔé¼Ôäós something any driver dreams about.
View the list of 2011 F1 drivers and teams.
- Razia and Valsecchi to be Lotus reserve drivers
- Pedro de la Rosa rejoins McLaren as reserve
- HRT confirm Liuzzi as Karthikeyan’s team mate
- Di Resta to race for Force India, H?â??lkenberg to test
- Fairuz Fauzy joins Renault as reserve driver for 2011
- HRT confirm Karthikeyan in team for 2011
- Renault set date for ‘Lotus Renault GP R31’ launch
- Force India to launch VJM04 at Jerez test
- Petrov to remain at Renault in 2011 and 2012
- Jerome d’Ambrosio to drive for Virgin in 2011
Image ?é?® Team Lotus