2011 F1 season
Lotus will reveal their new car online at 5am (GMT) on Monday 31st January.
The car, called the TL11, will be shown in pictures in the team’s “Lotus Notes” newsletter.
The car’s model number is a departure from the T127 convention used last year, which implied a link to the car numbering used by the former Team Lotus. A spokesperson told F1 Fanatic the change in numbering was to “simplify what could have been another point of contention”.
Heikki Kovalainen will be the first to drive the car on February 2nd, the second day of the Valencia test. Jarno Trulli will drive the car on February 3rd.
After that Lotus will remain in Valencia for a further test day after the other teams have departed. Trulli and Kovalainen will share the car for the private test day when the team will also use for filming purposes.
Use the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar to keep track of all the launch, test and race dates for 2011.
View the list of 2011 F1 drivers and teams.
- Razia and Valsecchi to be Lotus reserve drivers
- Pedro de la Rosa rejoins McLaren as reserve
- HRT confirm Liuzzi as Karthikeyan’s team mate
- Di Resta to race for Force India, H?â??lkenberg to test
- Fairuz Fauzy joins Renault as reserve driver for 2011
- HRT confirm Karthikeyan in team for 2011
- Renault set date for ‘Lotus Renault GP R31′ launch
- Force India to launch VJM04 at Jerez test
- Petrov to remain at Renault in 2011 and 2012
- Jerome d’Ambrosio to drive for Virgin in 2011
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others