F1 testing in Spain: coverage starts here next week

2011 F1 testing

The Red Bull RB6 under cover in Jerez last year

I will be in Spain to cover the three pre-season F1 tests and car launches starting next week.

F1 Fanatic will have pictures of all the 2011 F1 cars running for the first time including the new Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes and more.

I’ll be at Valencia, Jerez and the Circuit de Catalunya to talk to the drivers and teams and bring you regular updates.

The season kicks off in Valencia where we’ll see the new Renault R31 and Sauber C30 on Monday 31st.

The following day world champions Red Bull reveal their new RB7 and we’ll see the car that Mercedes aim to bounce back with in 2011: the W02.

Toro Rosso will also present their STR6 for the first time and the new Williams FW33 will be on-track in its interim livery.

The new Ferrari F150 will also be on-track following its launch tomorrow and the Lotus TL11 will appear as well.

For the first test in Valencia I’ll be joined by photographer Julien Leroy to help get even more pictures of the new cars.

McLaren will run an interim car during the first test but I’ll be in Berlin to bring you the first pictures of the new MP4-26 when it’s launched on February 4th. And three days after that the wraps are coming off Virgin’s new car in London.

Then it’s on to Jerez from the 10th-13th where the MP4-26 and VR-02 will run for the first time, and there’s more testing at the Circuit de Catalunya on the 18th-21st.

Donate to F1 Fanatic

As you can imagine covering F1 live at the tracks is expensive. Even using the cheapest options for flights and hotels the budget runs into thousands of pounds. Then there are IT, photography and other costs to cover.

So if you would like make a contribution to the cost of covering testing it would be appreciated. You can make a donation to F1 Fanatic here (or via the link at the top-right of the page):

Donate to F1 Fanatic

To keep up-to-date with F1 Fanatic’s 2011 launch and test coverage you can:

Image ?? F1 Fanatic. If you wish to use this image please contact F1 Fanatic to request permission

68 comments on F1 testing in Spain: coverage starts here next week

1 2 3
  1. Dan Newton said on 27th January 2011, 10:33

Have we still got to wait a week? Thats ages! Not that it’s your fault Keith. Thought it was all starting tomorrow, should have checked the dates really. Looking forward checking out the pics and reading the posts, who’s gonna have a clever F-duct type feature this year?..

2. alejandro said on 27th January 2011, 10:35

oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!

3. BasCB (@bascb) said on 27th January 2011, 10:46

Great you can make it live to all those presentations and to the testing this year Keith!
    I donated you for about a double coffee today as sign of support!
    Looking forward to wonderfull pictures and fanatic coverage :-)

4. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 27th January 2011, 10:52

Wow! Keith that’s going to be a crazy time! Hope you enjoy it. Can’t wait for all the coverage you’re going to provide!

I think a donation is due!

5. ledzep4pm (@ledzep4pm) said on 27th January 2011, 11:05

Isn’t the new lotus called TL11 not TF11?

6. Benson Mutton said on 27th January 2011, 11:12

Great your covering all this Keith, going to have to make a donation as this site is invaluable, my first port of call every morning. Keep up the good work

7. geo132 (@geo132) said on 27th January 2011, 11:21

Seems like a busy month for you Keith. Donated :)
    I would suggest adding the time to the Ferrari launch in the calender. (9.45 a.m, Italy’s time)

8. alexf1man said on 27th January 2011, 11:22

From tomorrow the season lasts for 10 months (ends on 27th November in Brazil)

9. Rob B (@rob-b) said on 27th January 2011, 11:27

Thanks for all the coverage over the off season! The 2011 season starts for me tomorrow, the unveiling of the first car! :D

I can’t wait to read your updates & see the photos from the testing sessions.

10. good to see lotus hit the track, looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

keith, have you taken out recidency in spain yet? seems youve been there ages you lucky… :)

11. topdowntoedown (@topdowntoedown) said on 27th January 2011, 11:44

I’m not jealous. Oh no. If my work wasn’t crazy at the moment I’d have gone out and done the Lotus test hospitality thing, and brought my camera!

It’s the time of year when all teams are looking to attract sponsorship, and I for one am happy to support Scuderia F1Fanatic Lotus Keith. :)

12. Maciek said on 27th January 2011, 12:09

Second year on big boys’ beat, eh? I wonder what kind of perks you’ll discover you never knew existed when you were a rookie : ) champagne? masseuses? ok, maybe more like fewer ‘what do YOU want?’ looks from team members? Anyhoo, enjoy!

13. Tom Moloney said on 27th January 2011, 12:13

STR6 was last years car wasn’t it? Are STR too poor now?

Nah mate, no worries. Should be awesome seeing all the new cars slowly pop up.

14. Donal said on 27th January 2011, 12:27

Hi Keith,
    My contribution will be to buy you a beer if you are in Barcelona city at any stage!
    Donal

15. Dan Selby said on 27th January 2011, 12:35

I think it’s the usual foreign live timing, unfortunately.

I’m yet to understand why the official F1 site doesn’t pull their finger out and stream the tests. I’ve said this before and i’ll say it again – even if it was £1 to watch each session, they’d make so much money from it…

Thanks alot, Keith – Good to see this site going only from strength to strength. Check out my email at some point if you got a moment :) Cheers!

1 2 3