Fernando Alonso drives first laps in the Ferrari F150

2011 F1 testing

Fernando Alonso shook down the new Ferrari F150 following its launch this morning.

Alonso drove the car around the team’s Fiorano test track.

He said he expects the new car to suit him better than last year’s F10 having now spent a year with the team:

When I arrived in 2010 I found a very different car compared to the one I had driven before. This year I contributed and I think that also my driving style had an influence on the development. Now I also know the people in my team and I?ve got a good relationship with them and I?m always putting them under pressure.
Fernando Alonso

Ferrari F150 first laps – pictures

Ferrari F150 first laps – video

Teams are not allowed to conduct private testing but they can run their cars for promotional purposes on a limited number of occasions per year.

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

85 comments on Fernando Alonso drives first laps in the Ferrari F150

1 2 3
  1. Joe Szpara said on 28th January 2011, 18:32

Thats a very Williams-Ish Nose dont you think?

• miguelF1O (@) said on 29th January 2011, 8:18

Maybe but compare it to the Ferrari F2000

• miguelF1O (@) said on 29th January 2011, 8:21

very Redbullysh chassis, those radiators and the high position of riding really seem to be an adaptation of redbull anyway Ferrari always makes nice and beautiful cars; with bad colour schemes, Santander please ***

• damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 30th January 2011, 11:24

Maybe but compare it to the Ferrari F2000

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out – it actually looks very similar! :)

• miguelF1O (@) said on 29th January 2011, 8:26

that coke bottle shape is getting a bit too common, despite new regulations teams are quickly reaching standards, i hope other cars will be different.

2. Faraz (@faraz) said on 28th January 2011, 18:35

Just to say its been 1 year since I have been using this website so Keith thank you for the contributions.

3. LeRoy said on 28th January 2011, 18:43

Onboard video for advertising purposes? :)

4. Fixy (@fixy) said on 28th January 2011, 18:44

The helmet looks just light blue from the front, and I have to admit I prefered last year’s one. By the way, the red stripe on the visor is ugly, should have been light blue like the one of 2010: http://www.anf1blog.com/wp-content/gallery/2010-f1-helmets/fernando-alonso-2010-helmet_right.jpg

5. BBT (@bbt) said on 28th January 2011, 18:49

So they stuck with push-rod suspension and seem confident.
    Will this year be between Vettel and Alonso?

6. What are the restrictions on how much you can run current cars outside of official test days?

7. The car looks short with its low role hoop.

8. footfarmer said on 28th January 2011, 19:09

maybe it’s just me, but the car doesn’t look all that .. sometimes a car arrives and makes you go [technical description] hyyyyaaabughhhh.. i’m sure it’ll look better in Bahrain in race spec or at least in the later tests when they aren’t hiding everything.. but often cars that have ‘the look’ seem to perform well and vice-versa.. Earth Honda, Red Williams etc etc

• Scribe (@scribe) said on 28th January 2011, 23:03

Weal, didn’t think the F10 looked all that, seemed to be a mish mash of some of the previous years best bits. Possibly this is the ferrari way, Quick but super solid base that can be developed.

9. Faraz (@faraz) said on 28th January 2011, 19:15

Alonso’s got a rather glum face on hope thats not because of the car.

• Scribe (@scribe) said on 28th January 2011, 23:05

An vice versa :)

I wonder if can know already, a few champions talk about taking the car they win the championship out for it’s first spin and thinking i’m gonna have a shot this year, this is it.

It’d be facinaiting to know what he’s saying to his engineers, wonder if he knows it’s capable of delivering yet.

• snowman said on 29th January 2011, 13:33

Was thinking the same thing about the glum look on his face. Doesn’t help either that think it was Domenical emphasizing that times at the start don’t matter. We know they don’t but just the fact he said it. Maybe either that’s just the sandbagging line & Alonso’s look is the poker face one…

• Scribe (@scribe) said on 29th January 2011, 15:50

Only smiles when his just won something, or about to say something enourmously self congratulatory, apart from that he hasn’t smiled in over 17 and a half years. I wouldn’t do to muc on his expression.

Besides it’s an evolved version of last years car, which we all know was good so, I assume it felt pretty fine.

THe more I look at the car the more it scares me in fact.

• snowman said on 29th January 2011, 20:05

”Only smiles when his just won something, or about to say something enourmously self congratulatory”
            haha, yep apparently the reason he wasn’t happy was because he wanted them to change the name Ferrari F150 to Fernando F150 before he give it the first test drive.

• troutcor said on 30th January 2011, 9:19

Well if you want Guy Smiley, support Button. If it’s talent you’re after, Alonso’s your man.

• snowman said on 30th January 2011, 18:34

yep, guess you’re right, if only Button had have been beaten by a rookie he could have turned into mister frowny too.

10. spawinte said on 28th January 2011, 19:23

You can see right along the floor straight clear out through the rear. Actually looks really good.

I’m guessing it’s not any more tapered than normal but they’ve just designed everything to be out of the way.

11. Any idea how many laps he did???

12. Todfod (@todfod) said on 28th January 2011, 19:44

What tyres are those on the car? Pirelli intermediates or wets?

13. good to see ferrari bending the rules as ever

14. MaroonJack (@maroonjack) said on 28th January 2011, 20:13

I like Alonso’s evil moustache ;)

15. Mack41 (@mack41) said on 28th January 2011, 20:36

Since its a promotional run are they forced to run treaded tires so as not to gain information?

1 2 3