Mercedes have published a rendering of their new 2011 F1 car, the W02.
The image shows the team have adopted a wide, flat nose similar to that seen on the Red Bull RB6 last year.
They have reverted to a conventional air intake in place of the radical split airbox used on the W01 from the Spanish Grand Prix last year.
But as with many of the car launches expect the car’s aerodynamic package to be revised before the first race of the year in Bahrain.
The image first appeared on the website of German newspaper Bild.
The W02 is due to be run for the first time on Tuesday at Valencia.
2011 F1 cars
- HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona
- Williams FW33 livery revealed
- Force India VJM04 – first pictures
- Virgin MVR-02 launch – first pictures
- McLaren MP4-26 launch – first pictures
- Toro Rosso STR6 launch – first pictures
- Mercedes W02 launched: first pictures
- Red Bull RB7 launch: First pictures
- Renault R31 launch – first pictures
- Sauber C30 launch – first pictures
Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles
Image ?é?® Mercedes