Red Bull RB7 launch ?ǣ first pictures

2011 F1 cars

Red Bull have launched their RB7 in Valencia.

World champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber revealed the car which Red Bull hope will retain the titles they won last year.

See here for pictures of the RB7 on track

2011 F1 cars

Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles

Images ?? F1 Fanatic and Julien Leroy / firstlap.be. If you wish to use these images please contact F1 Fanatic to request permission

131 comments on Red Bull RB7 launch ?ǣ first pictures

1. LeeF1 said on 1st February 2011, 7:50

matt88 i agree they are copying ferrari bloody cheaters lmao

2. Toby Bushby (@toby-bushby) said on 1st February 2011, 7:51

RB7 side on. You can get a very close-up view.

3. It already looks like the most ‘futuristic’ of the cars launched thus far. Newey and Co. have trumped the opposition again (hopefully on track too)!

4. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 1st February 2011, 7:52

Looks like those Red Bull-Infiniti rumours came to nought.

5. Why is it Webber always looks like he’s miserable?

6. box this lap (@sebashuis) said on 1st February 2011, 7:56

I just made a quick drawing of the car =P look: http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1296546327.jpg

7. Nathan said on 1st February 2011, 7:57

looks like a good car…

8. geo132 (@geo132) said on 1st February 2011, 7:59

It seems like red bull’s exhaust is almost similar to last year’s. pic

9. What is going on under the nose cone near the suspension mounts? Looks like a massive keel or something. The above shot thats a few posts above also shows it. Something big and black under there.

• and no I dont mean the splitter jutting forward. in front of that.

• US_Peter said on 1st February 2011, 8:07

Don’t know what they’re called, but those were there last year.

• I’ve written 2 replies now and for some reason they’re not posting when I hit submit. But yes, you are right, they were there at the end of last year.

For some reason I either didn’t notice them or just plain forgot about them.

10. other teams only talk about innovative designs, Red bull does come with some interesting solutions. looks fast!!

11. Gridlock said on 1st February 2011, 8:11

Oh and OT I know but there’s a Royal Marine advert on the page for me right now, if anyone else sees it then if you click you’re basically giving a tiny bit of the tax you pay to Keith so I encourage you all to have a look. But not to enlist obviously.

12. US_Peter said on 1st February 2011, 8:11

… and Newey’s genius isn’t always obvious either. It took the other teams the better part of the first half of the season to understand that it was the EBD that was making the RB6 so fast. They never really did wrap their heads around how the front wing was working.

13. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 1st February 2011, 8:16

I can’t help but think that tight rear end is going to cause problems with overheating.

• bosyber said on 1st February 2011, 10:06

I was also thinking that. On the other hand, I think the RB5-7 series had a increase in how tight the back was packed, and an increase in heat management due to the EBD, so maybe they have learned enough over the two previous years to manage it well now.

14. GeeMac said on 1st February 2011, 8:18

Wow those sidepods are tiny! I didn’t think that it was possible for Red Bull to make the rear end package any tighter than it was on the RB6….clearly I was wrong.

15. If that goes half as quick as it looks and its reliable the season will be over by July/August.