Red Bull RB7 launch ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first pictures

2011 F1 cars

Red Bull have launched their RB7 in Valencia.

World champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber revealed the car which Red Bull hope will retain the titles they won last year.

See here for pictures of the RB7 on track

2011 F1 cars

Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles

Images ?ι?® F1 Fanatic and Julien Leroy / firstlap.be. If you wish to use these images please contact F1 Fanatic to request permission

131 comments on Red Bull RB7 launch ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first pictures

1. So they’ve gone for the same weird appendage on the rear wing as Renault. Interesting to see what it’s for…

2. cliffgamerz said on 1st February 2011, 8:27

Did any of you guys noticed diffuser air intake behind the sidepods in the enlarged photo above,that is awesome.

3. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 1st February 2011, 8:27

And here’s the Toro Rosso while we’re at it:

Careful, it’s big.

4. What a poor, pale show for the double WC ! What a shame !

5. sumedh said on 1st February 2011, 8:51

There is no back end whatsoever!

This lack of back-end makes it look like some sort of futuristic gizmo rather than an F1 car.

• Adam Tate (@adam-tate) said on 1st February 2011, 9:28

I agree, though it seems vanishing back ends until they are nearly non existent is the way to aerodynamically, visually it is not as pleasing. But Red Bull wins because they know the age old secret, “God is in the details” and the RB7 definitely seems the most detailed car we’ve so far. That said, Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault seem to have a good base down, I’m excited to see what they do, and you can bet McLaren is looking at every one elses new toys while they keep theirs locked away for a few more days.

6. Comparison of ‘big three’.
    – Vettel in 50% of the car helped.
    – Alonso helped Massa.
    – Kubica’s car disturbed and irritated Pietrow.The question, who is the best driver I think it is a rhetorical world!

7. Dexterous said on 1st February 2011, 9:01

All in all …now it just depends on performance that makes this sport interesting …….

8. verstappen said on 1st February 2011, 9:07

Their third driver looks a bit old

9. Neil Davies (@neil-davies) said on 1st February 2011, 9:17

Wow, those sidepods are so short. Newey sure knows how to pack and shrink-wrap the oily bits.

10. Todfod (@todfod) said on 1st February 2011, 9:24

Who is that guy with the ridiculous moustache?

11. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 1st February 2011, 9:25

I don’t like it. I just can’t get it out of my head that I’m looking at half an RB6. Especially at the rear, with that stubby fin and tight bum that I think will cause all manner of overheating problems. I respect Adrian Newey’s design abilities, but I’m not buying into the whole “If it’s Adrian Newey, it must be genius” school of thought. It probably doesn’t help that they’ve crammed too much in with the livery – like I said, the shark fin appears to be designed like that simply to give Red Bull a larger logo – but I just can’t help cocking an eyebrow at it. It’s a pretty car when taken on its own, but is just lacks the beauty of everything else that has been launched.

• Adam Tate (@adam-tate) said on 1st February 2011, 9:31

They still have that massive opening below the baby shark fin though. Who knows, maybe they are counting on that less powerful Renault engine not to run as hot ;)

• Neil Davies (@neil-davies) said on 1st February 2011, 9:36

I think that’s right – comparing the RB7 to the STR6 you can see the different methods of cooling, STR looks to have exits at the end of the sidepods, RB squeeze the sidepods in and dump the air out the big hole beneath the rear wing.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 1st February 2011, 10:14

I concur. Very underwhelming. And it’s just too much, too many clashing lines and colours and logos and blobs stuck onto a car with as many add-ons as allowed within the current rules.

12. nosajm9bys (@nosajm9bys) said on 1st February 2011, 9:36

Who said the colour of the Mercedes W02 gave them headache? Man, I find it difficult looking straight at this Red Bull RB7, it has similar effects to the Art car BMW at Le Mans last year.

13. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 1st February 2011, 9:36

Interesting – I don’t know if I was expecting anything radical but this isn’t that much of an evolution to my eye. there are a few differences but this could be the RB6 for all I know.

For a livery that complicated, I dislike that they practically never change any of it. Have some distinction! It’s not like Ferrari or McLaren can do much with theirs but surely Red Bull can try something a little different each year?

Anyway the overwhelming feeling I get from this car is that it will be fast, but not dominant. It just doesn’t have that look about it in comparison to the other cars.

14. Adam Tate (@adam-tate) said on 1st February 2011, 9:44

I hope you are right, in fact I hope no car is dominant this year. If we can 4, dare I may say 5 teams that can challenge for wins I will be thrilled, the more evenly matched the better :)

15. Adam Tate (@adam-tate) said on 1st February 2011, 9:44

Though my gut tells me that Ferrari and Mercedes are really going to come out swinging.