The Renault R31 has been pictured sporting a radical exhaust arrangement.
The R31’s exhausts point out of the front of the sidepods, directing hot air underneath the car to improve the performance of the diffuser.
See Craig Scarborough’s article on his site for an explanation of how the exhaust works.
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren