2011 F1 testing
Robert Kubica set the fastest time of the Valencia test as the three days of running came to an end.
Driving the Renault R31 for the second day, the Polish driver topped the times with a best of 1’13.144.
The red flag came out within the first hour of the session as Felipe Massa hit trouble.
From then on the teams had the track to use as they pleased. A third day of clear, dry conditions allowed more than half the drivers present to complete over 100 laps each.
Leading the way was Jenson Button, amassing 117 laps as he sampled Pirelli tyres for the first time in last year’s McLaren.
He ended the session with the third-fastest time, behind Adrian Sutil in the Force India.
The next fastest driver in a 2011 car was Mark Webber in the Red Bull RB7.
|1||Robert Kubica||Renault R31||1’13.144||95|
|2||Adrian Sutil||Force India-Mercedes VJM03||1’13.201||117||0.057|
|3||Jenson Button||McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25||1’13.553||105||0.409|
|4||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault RB7||1’13.936||105||0.792|
|5||Felipe Massa||Ferrari F150||1’14.017||80||0.873|
|6||Timo Glock||Virgin-Cosworth VR-01||1’14.207||114||1.063|
|7||Pastor Maldonado||Williams-Cosworth FW33||1’14.299||101||1.155|
|8||Sergio Perez||Sauber-Ferrari C30||1’14.458||104||1.325|
|9||Michael Schumacher||Mercedes W02||1’14.537||110||1.393|
|10||Sebastien Buemi||Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR6||1’14.801||73||1.657|
|11||Narain Karthikeyan||HRT-Cosworth F110||1’16.535||63||3.391|
|12||Jarno Trulli||Lotus-Renault T128||38|
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren