Force India will continue to use technology supplied by McLaren until the end of 2012.
The Silverstone-based team announced an extension of the arrangement through which they use Mercedes engines and McLaren gearbox and hydraulics.
They also announced the appointment of Andrew Green to serve as their technical director. Green was previously director of engineering and was responsible for designing the team’s 2011 car, the VJM04.
He previously worked for Jordan, BAR and Red Bull before joining Force India in July last year.
Team chairman Vijay Mallya said:
The partnership with McLaren and Mercedes has matured into one of the most successful relationships on the grid.
In 2009 we scored 13 points, one pole position and one podium and in 2010 we secured our highest-ever championship position and 68 points overall.
I’ve always said I would like to see a Force India on the podium at the Indian GP and I believe we have the resources, both human and technical, to do it.
2011 F1 cars
- HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona
- Williams FW33 livery revealed
- Force India VJM04 – first pictures
- Virgin MVR-02 launch – first pictures
- McLaren MP4-26 launch – first pictures
- Toro Rosso STR6 launch – first pictures
- Mercedes W02 launched: first pictures
- Red Bull RB7 launch: First pictures
- Renault R31 launch – first pictures
- Sauber C30 launch – first pictures
Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles
Image ?é?® Julien Leroy / firstlap.be