2011 F1 season
Robert Kubica has suffered multiple fractures to his right arm, leg and hand following a crash in a rally in Italy.
Kubica was taken to hospital by helicopter following a crash in the Ronde di Andora rally.
Renault have confirmed he is undergoing medical checks but have not given details about his injuries.
A statement from the team said:
“After undergoing extensive medical checks this morning, Robert Kubica has been diagnosed with multiple fractures to his right arm, leg and hand. He is currently undergoing surgery at the Santa Corona Hospital in Pietra Ligure.
“Robert suffered a high-speed accident this morning while competing in the Ronde di Andora Rally.
“Daniel Morelli, Robert’s manager, will be available for the press in front of the hospital emergency entrance at 16:30 CET (15:30 GMT).
“Lotus Renault GP driver, Robert Kubica, suffered an accident at high speed this morning while competing in the Ronde di Andora Rally.
“The driver was airlifted to Pietra Ligure Hospital, where he is currently undergoing medical checks. His co-driver is fine.”
Kubica’s co-driver Jakub Gerber posted “I’m OK” on his Facebook page around an hour ago.
The video below shot earlier in the rally shows the Skoda Fabia S2000 rally car Kubica was driving:
This video shows the aftermath of the crash:
Robert Kubica rally crash
- Kubica tests DTM Mercedes at Valencia
- Kubica says he will return to F1 if he feels fit enough
- Kubica suffers injury setback after fall
- Robert Kubica to miss start of 2012 season
- Kubica’s final operation “a total success”
- Kubica hopes to leave hospital “within ten days”
- Kubica “better every day” but too soon to decide on return
- Heidfeld: “not the way I would have liked” to return
- Renault confirm Heidfeld to take Kubica’s place
- Kubica to have final surgery on Wednesday
Image ?é?® Lorenzo Cargiolli – http://www.lorcarg.it
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others