2011 F1 cars
Virgin have launched their 2011 F1 car, the MVR-02.
The car was launched at BBC Television Centre in London.
As last year, the car was designed entirely using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), without using a wind tunnel.
Following the arrival of Russian sports car company Maurssia as an investor the team are now registered under a Russian licence. The air intake on the front of the MVR-02 is designed to resemble the one on Marussia’s B2 road car.
The car will run for the first time in the Jerez test later this week. Some of the car’s internals, including its hydraulics, were already run on the VR-01 at Valencia last week.
Designer Nick Wirk confirmed the MVR-02 has not been designed to use KERS, citing the expense of developing the technology as a reason for its absence.
2011 F1 cars
- HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona
- Williams FW33 livery revealed
- Force India VJM04 – first pictures
- Virgin MVR-02 launch – first pictures
- McLaren MP4-26 launch – first pictures
- Toro Rosso STR6 launch – first pictures
- Mercedes W02 launch ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first pictures
- Red Bull RB7 launch ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first pictures
- Renault R31 launch – first pictures
- Sauber C30 launch – first pictures
Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others