Here’s a closer look at the Force India VJM04 with a voiceover by the team’s technical director Andrew Green.
Green says the new car is mechanically similar to its predecessor but there are several important aerodynamic changes.
“The removal of the double diffuser resulted in quite a substantial loss of downforce which we spent the winter trying to recover.
“From the outside the biggest change you’ll is a move to a ‘blade’ roll hoop. It just gave us a small packaging advantage, we felt, so we went down that route.”
See the video above for more on Force India’s new F1 car.
2011 F1 cars
- HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona
- Williams FW33 livery revealed
- Force India VJM04 – first pictures
- Virgin MVR-02 launch – first pictures
- McLaren MP4-26 launch – first pictures
- Toro Rosso STR6 launch – first pictures
- Mercedes W02 launch ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first pictures
- Red Bull RB7 launch ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first pictures
- Renault R31 launch – first pictures
- Sauber C30 launch – first pictures
- Lotus T128 launch – first pictures
- Ferrari F150 launch – first pictures and video
Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others