2011 F1 cars
HRT have revealed the first pictures of their 2011 F1 car, the F111.
Team principal Colin Kolles said: “The F111 represents a significant step forward for Hispania Racing.
“We have made a big improvement for starting our second season in Formula 1 and what you see in our new car confirms Hispania Racing´s commitment to F1.”
The F111 was designed by Geoff Willis and Paul White. The team confirmed it will have an adjustable rear wing. However it will not have a Kinetic Energy Recovery System.
HRT aim to run the car for the first time in the pre-season test at Bahrain which begins on March 3rd.
Team president Jose Ramon Carabante said: “We feel really proud of the car our drivers will run this forthcoming season.
“Despite a challenging first year, we managed to finish on the 11th position in the World Constructors Championship. Now, we are very pleased to introduce the first specification of the F111, which means a huge design-effort from our side.
“This is only a first step as we are planning several updates during the season.”
The car’s distinctive livery was designed by Daniel Simon of Cosmic Motors. He said, “I miss fearless visual statements and large beautiful numbers on today’s racing cars.
“Playing with the restrictions of what you can do to a complex F1 body is fun. There are many don’ts, but I found a way to lay courageous racing essence on the car.”
However aside from sponsorship from Tata, thanks to new driver Narain Karthikeyan, the F111′s bodywork features few sponsors.
Instead the bodywork shown includes the messages: “This could be you” and “This is a cool spot”.
2011 F1 cars
- HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona
- Williams FW33 livery revealed
- Force India VJM04 – first pictures
- Virgin MVR-02 launch – first pictures
- McLaren MP4-26 launch – first pictures
- Toro Rosso STR6 launch – first pictures
- Mercedes W02 launch – first pictures
- Red Bull RB7 launch – first pictures
- Renault R31 launch – first pictures
- Sauber C30 launch – first pictures
- Lotus T128 launch – first pictures
- Ferrari F150 launch – first pictures and video
Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles
Images © Motioncompany