2011 F1 testing
Michael Schumacher said he set the quickest time at Jerez today using super-soft tyres.
Speaking to reporters at the track he said: “Today we have tried the very soft tyres. Obviously that has made us maybe a little bit quicker than some teams who have not tried those tyres.
“Saying this, we were not the only one on those tyres. They are available to everybody and some others used them.”
He said the team had been “focussing on long runs” today and denied they had done shorter stints to produce quicker lap times after Nico Rosberg ended yesterday session ninth.
He said: “If I’m correct in my quickest lap I did a ten-lap run. Is that short for you?”
He added: “I think yesterday he didn’t have a good day, the car wasn’t running properly. I’m sure if he’d run the car on the last day he’d be more happy.”
Schumacher described today’s test as “satisfying”, saying: “We had good reliability, we did about 115 or something laps. It’s important for us to do the mileage and get the car reliable, and the rest will come with time.”
He said he’s “happy” with KERS on car: “It keeps you busy! You have a lot of choice in the car. But I like that.”
Asked about Robert Kubica’s crash last weekend, Schumacher said: “It’s very sad for us.
“That is one of those stories that may happen life. It’s fate. What’s important is that he comes back in good shape.”
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren
Image ?é?® F1 Fanatic.
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others