2011 F1 testing
Sergio Perez admitted his crash during testing yesterday was his fault.
He was trying the hard tyres when he crashed at turn eight. Perez said: “We were trying different compounds at different times. Afterwards I had the crash, it was a bit unfortunate, we had to end the day a bit early.
“Still I think it was not too bad a day. Hopefully we can have a better two days with Kamui [Kobayashi] so we can have good information from everything.
“I just lost the rear in turn seven. There was nothing wrong with the car I just lost the rear. It was my mistake.
“I tried to be optimistic to maximise. Every time I go in the car I try to be at the limit to feel the changes and to drive the same way. I just gave my maximum today and it happened that I had a crash. I feel sorry for my team.”
Perez said his relationship with his new team mate is “very, very good” and feels he is benefiting from the track time he’s had in the car so far: “I think I am getting better and better every time I jump in the car.
“I think I am getting experience. I know what the car needs, how to maximise the different compounds, in this way I am getting better to understand the communication with my race engineer and with my team.”
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- 2011 F1 testing diary part four: Barcelona
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
Image ?é?® F1 Fanatic. If you wish to use this image please contact F1 Fanatic to request permission