2011 F1 season
Nick Heidfeld called his F1 return with Renault a “good opportunity for me to race”.
But after getting his chance to race in F1 following Robert Kubica’s rally crash he admitted: “It’s not the way I would have liked it to have happen.”
“It’s not nice to see anyone in a bad accident but at least the doctors are saying he’s in a good way and should be back soon.”
Heidfeld was cautious on predictions for the year ahead, saying: “Renault had a good year in 2010.
“They have done lots of developments and their targets are quite high but I think it’s too early to judge how quick we will be, we will have to wait and see.
“I think we are even more in the dark compared to previous seasons about judging our performance, I think the other teams are the same.
“Red Bull are very strong but we have high ambitions and I’m really happy with what I’ve seen so far.
“Everyone is working so hard and I’ve had lots of of positive discussions and everything is going in the right direction.”
Heidfeld did a lot of testing mileage for new F1 tyre suppliers Pirelli last year and he hopes to benefit from it:
“I hope it will be an advantage to me, I’ve been heavily involved in the construction side of it but I wasn’t involved with all the different compounds. I think I should suit the tyres just fine.”
Quotes and additional reporting by Leandra Graves
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren
Image ?é?® Renault/LAT
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others