Vitantonio Liuzzi will get back behind the wheel of an F1 car for the first time since leaving Force India tomorrow.
The Italian driver will test for HRT in Barcelona, the team confirmed.
team principal Colin Kolles saidL “As I always said our target is to get the best possible package.
“Tonio is a strong contender for the second seat given that he has a lot of experience in Formula One. We hope his comments and feedback will help the team to progress in the right direction”.
Liuzzi added: ?ˇďÚ╝?˘Hispania Racing is a team with potential that can grow in the future and could have a good package for the season with the new car.
“There is still a lot to do because we are starting tomorrow with the first test, but there will be a lot to come. I am sure it will be a good day and I am looking forward to the next step”.
A spokesperson added: “Every driver that we test is being evaluated for a race seat.” Karthikeyan was the only person to drive for the team in Valencia.
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren
Image ?Ú?« Force India F1 Team