Williams FW33 livery revealed

2011 F1 cars

Williams have revealed the definitive livery of their 2011 F1 car.

Their car will retain the blue-and-white of last year with stripes that hark back to their 1990s Rothmans livery.

2011 F1 cars

Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles

Images ?ι?® Williams/LAT

154 comments on Williams FW33 livery revealed

1. MW (@) said on 24th February 2011, 11:52

Horribly non-descript Livery. It looks like they got an accountant to design it!

2. Adrian J (@adrian-j) said on 24th February 2011, 11:55

What happened to the big numbers on the sidepods that they’ve used in testing??

I loved them!!

3. Coefficient said on 24th February 2011, 12:02

I’ll reserve my judgement for daylight. That lighting masks all the detail and makes it look cack!!

I’m sure it will be more elegant in the flesh.

4. HounslowBusGarage said on 24th February 2011, 12:08

I did a doubletake when I saw the side view. Just for a moment I mis-read PDVSA as HONDA!

5. ledzep4pm said on 24th February 2011, 12:10

I like the back end, great shapes with a nice style. Problem is the front lets its down, it makes it look too fat. Overall I’m very disappointed it makes a fantastic looking car look very poor. I think I prefer the testing livery.

They need some more imagination, they’re about as predictable as Ferrari with the colours !!

6. Daniel said on 24th February 2011, 12:16

It actually reminds me a bit of a Tyrell from the late 80s or early 90s.

7. Studi06 said on 24th February 2011, 12:18

To all those doubters who were posting that Williams new livery was not worthy of the hype and would be the usual beige Ned ‘Bland’ers effort. You were… right, can’t believe I got caught up in it :-(

8. naiFexx (@naifexx) said on 24th February 2011, 12:21

Nothing new to see here.
    Some blue and white like last year, with a “la retro” silver.
    Interim livery was better IMO
    They should work on that blue, it’s way to dark.
    Cheers.

9. sato113 (@sato113) said on 24th February 2011, 12:32

i really like it. the red stripes are great.

10. I like it, in fact, I really like it.

I have no clue why the reaction has been so bad,
    To be honest I think after the Mercedes, or in fact, maybe with it, this has to be my favourite. Just great.

Fantastic. Can’t wait to see it in Melbourne.

11. Daniel said on 24th February 2011, 12:59

Ok, I admit it. I liked the interim livery better. It made the front end of the car look mean, like a shark. This livery has a more “corporate” flavour.

12. I like it, better than before.

Could of done with a small splash of yellow or red

13. matt88 said on 24th February 2011, 13:19

the Ferrari barcode is gone, but here we have a Rothmans-esque Williams and a Renault in JPS livery. why is no-one moaning about alleged subliminal messages?

• Because Williams is not sponsored by Rothmans, Lotus Renault is not sponsored by JPS.

Ferrari are however still sponsored by Marlboro.

• I wouldn’t say the barcode has gone, it’s just now transformed into a Marlboro logo…. I mean Ferrari logo…

14. MondoL said on 24th February 2011, 13:23

Excellent photos… is hard to see the innovations on the car, is there any?
    Front exhausts? pull-rod? SIDEPODS?

They are worth for very little!

• How about pull rod rear suspension, the smallest gearbox on the grid and a non-existent back end? The back of the car looks pretty innovative to me.

• MondoL said on 24th February 2011, 16:10

Yes! but, can you tell it from the Photos?

I don’t dislike the car, I dislike the photos. There is no detail, even something as explicit as the sidepods cannot be seen.

They are flashy, they are cool, but they are useless as a source of information.

15. I was really looking forward to this and I have to say dissapointment all round. Mainly because I cant even see the car, why are all the photos so dark!!!!!! or is it just me, i dont know? I just hope all the best for williams this year, is to much to say i hope they are in front of ferrari?