Sergio Perez entertained over 150,000 fans in his home city of Guadalajara with a demonstration run in his Sauber.
Perez said: “This was one of the best days of my life.
“It was a great, great experience. I have never experienced something like this before with so many people cheering me.
“I’m proud to be Mexican, and I’m proud to receive all this support. It is a big boost for me ahead of the new season.”
The Mexican drove a 2010-spec Sauber C29 in the team’s current livery.
The car also featured some extra sponsors’ logos on the car specially for this event.
- Mark Webber’s F1 career in pictures
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix in pictures
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- Lucas di Grassi gives Formula E car its first test
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 United States GP
- 2013 United States Grand Prix in pictures
- 2013 United States Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
Images © Sauber F1 Team