The FIA’s World Motor Sport Council has set a deadline for the Bahrain Motor Federation to decide if its round of the world championship can take place this year.
Following a meeting of the WMSC today the FIA issued the following statement:
“The World Motor Sport Council asked the Bahrain Motor Federation to communicate by May 1st at the latest if the Bahrain Grand Prix can be organised in 2011.”
Bernie Ecclestone previously indicated a re-scheduled race could take place in November.
2011 Bahrain Grand Prix
- The Bahrain affair was a return to the bad old days of F1 politics
- Bahrain Grand Prix officially dropped for 2011
- FIA reveals Ecclestone’s 11th hour attempt to save Bahrain race
- Bahrain drops bid to host race in 2011
- FIA asks Ecclestone to submit new 2011 calendar
- Ecclestone says Bahrain race won’t happen in 2011
- Teams have to approve new Bahrain date – Mosley
- How should FOTA react to the Bahrain decision?
- Bahrain Grand Prix reinstated on 2011 F1 calendar
- Ecclestone says teams support return to Bahrain
Image ?é?® Motioncompany