HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona

2011 F1 cars

HRT have shown their finished 2011 F1 car for the first time in Barcelona.

The F111 will be raced by Vitantonio Liuzzi and Narain Karthikeyan this year.

2011 F1 cars

Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles

152 comments on HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona

1 2 3 4
  1. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 11th March 2011, 12:24

HRWHO..?

nice to see they finally got it out :) sooner than they did last year too..?

2. It exists!

• unoc said on 11th March 2011, 13:07

I think I prefered the old one… atleast then they were a new team with not much time or money…. now they are an old team with even less money and time… but ehy do have a new livery.

So… Fun guessing game for all the kids out there

Q) What will have more different parts
      a) 2010 HRT > 2010 HRT
      b) Launch 2011 Ferrari > A fwe tests later still preseason 2011 Ferrari

• Hare said on 11th March 2011, 22:14

I think it looks great… let hope it can race too, and not just be Fernando and Felipe fodder. ( Webber prefers eating Lotuses )

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 13th March 2011, 16:06

Liuzzi is all proud of that missile!

3. sw6569 (@sw6569) said on 11th March 2011, 12:24

I have to say, even being an HRT sceptic, that the livery does look rather good. Will be interesting to see if they are ahead of Virgin or not. Unfortunately I struggle to get more excited about the performance of this car than that.

4. TommyB (@tommyb89) said on 11th March 2011, 12:25

Cheesy… I love it.

• sw6569 (@sw6569) said on 11th March 2011, 12:37

im quite pleased that they still have the ‘this could be you’ on the side etc. I wonder if they will race with it?

• fullthrottle said on 11th March 2011, 15:11

Hrt has announced an agreement with Panda (antivirus)

• Hare said on 11th March 2011, 22:20

probably not a bad move to sponsor HRT. It’s the most innovative and original livery on the grid. Plus it’ll often be at the front of the on track action.. when they’re getting passed. So good exposure if you need to get your name out there.

• Hare said on 11th March 2011, 22:21

HRT, and black eyes..? :)

5. BasCB (@bascb) said on 11th March 2011, 12:25

The nose looks a lot wider than it did in the renderings. I gueass that was developed in the last 2 weeks extra time. What about the rear wing, did they bother fitting a DRS on it, or did they figure they won’t be chasing anyone like that anyhow. I dont see any device for it, maybe they operate it like Mercedes GP from the sides.

6. Remco H. said on 11th March 2011, 12:26

And there it is……livery and car look good so far. Just have to wait for better high-res pics to judge it further. Let’s see what the car does on track. Today shakedown, tomorrow serious testing?!

7. decent looking little car. Want to see more pics to see if theyve still got the sponsorship prompts all over the car.

8. Ned Flanders (@ned-flanders) said on 11th March 2011, 12:27

It’s a cool idea for a livery I suppose, but it looks a bit too white from the head on view, most of the red and black bits are on the sides

9. Chuckysuperstar (@chuckysuperstar) said on 11th March 2011, 12:27

Is it me or is the front wing very Brawn bgp001?!

10. BasCB (@bascb) said on 11th March 2011, 12:28

Does it say Hispania racing team on the rear wing or is that a genuine sponsor?

• manB said on 11th March 2011, 16:27

I don’t care thinking how many haters are there, I just love this team. It must be really difficult period for their engineers to build this car with few resources and money. Geoff Willis did great job. Car is really looking good and I would love to see it doing better than Virgin and Lotus.

Again good work from engineers and best of luck to HRT.

11. Is tomorrow still supposed to be a washout in Barcelona? If so, I guess HRT might get a whole half day of testing before the first race. Maybe the drivers will take turns doing laps this afternoon?

12. James said on 11th March 2011, 12:36

Looks good, I wonder if it has an engine…

13. DavidS (@davids) said on 11th March 2011, 12:40

Judging by the suits the drivers are wearing, it looks like the old Stig has found another job, albeit less glamourous.

14. Oliver said on 11th March 2011, 12:40

Finally the mythical F111 observed in the wild.

15. Coefficient said on 11th March 2011, 12:41

It’s a nice looking car and seems more complex than the MVR. Again, more evidence that a few hours of wind tunnel work is better than all CFD at this stage. If the MVR is anything to go by, CFD appears able to deliver a basic package but the finer details seem beyond the technology at the moment.

I think this car could turn out be a little cracker once they’ve figured it out.

• Ned Flanders (@ned-flanders) said on 11th March 2011, 13:00

You’re making some big assumptions on the appearance of the car there. It does look nice but that’s not going to make it any quicker I’m afraid

• Coefficient said on 11th March 2011, 13:39

It’s not an assumption, it’s a fact. The rest of the teams don’t stick to wind tunnels for sentimental reasons you know. Geoff Willis has created this car and he knows his way around a wind tunnel alright. It should be very decent in a bottom 3rd of the grid kinda way.

• Again, it’s not fact, it’s just your opinion. For all we know, this car could be the fastest thing out there, or it could top out at 140 mph and then the body falls off, we just don’t know!

Oh and actually CFD is the future, it’s cheaper, faster, and you can use it in many more places than the wind tunnel! Mark my words, once the CFD is refined a bit more, the wind tunnel will be rendered completely obsolete.

McLaren have a wind tunnel, excellent designers and such, doesn’t mean they are the fastest does it? One man does not make a team…….

• Andy C said on 11th March 2011, 15:07

That isnt a view shared by many aero guys in F1.

Geoff Willis knows one or two things about aero. I’d be willing to say that whetever is achieved it will be better than last years car (as in the gap will be smaller).

• Mike said on 12th March 2011, 13:54

I agree with Sam, although I think it will never completely replace wind tunnels, I think in time it will take over for the most part.

I see this debate as being similar to analogue vs digital cameras.

• Ned Flanders (@ned-flanders) said on 11th March 2011, 22:23

I meant the assumption that because the car looks good it will be good, not the windtunnel/ CFD debate

1 2 3 4