HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona

2011 F1 cars

HRT have shown their finished 2011 F1 car for the first time in Barcelona.

The F111 will be raced by Vitantonio Liuzzi and Narain Karthikeyan this year.

2011 F1 cars

Browse all 2011 F1 cars articles

152 comments on HRT F111 seen for the first time in Barcelona

1. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 11th March 2011, 12:43

Like I said in the other thread – either it will be amazing, or it will be awkward.

2. Todfod (@todfod) said on 11th March 2011, 12:45

I expect HRT to hit the 1:21 zone on their outlap!

3. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 11th March 2011, 12:50

@alanbaldwinf1 (Alan Baldwin):
    “The HRT may not do much running today however. Kolles says some suspension parts and dampers have yet to clear Spanish customs.”

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 11th March 2011, 13:15

Just when HRT looks like it might redeem itself… we get this shocking news!

• Lol! The team do feel like they go from one disaster/calamity to another but with Colin’s short but sweet interviews, rotating drivers and “this could be you” sticker I can’t help but feel they’ve got a lot of soul and determination so they’ve won me over.

• Cacarella said on 11th March 2011, 15:19

I thought they were a Spanish team, and that they were all testing in Spain!

Why would parts be stuck in customs!
      (total sarcasm ;) )

4. JustAnF1Fanatic (@justanf1fanatic) said on 11th March 2011, 13:00

I dont think i have ever been this surprised!!!! But it goes to show the calibre of the team when people are surprised that they released there car on time not how fast its going to go haha

5. Mauro said on 11th March 2011, 13:01

It’s impossible to do better than Dallara

6. SennaNmbr1 (@sennanmbr1) said on 11th March 2011, 13:02

I’m surprised the car remained intact with that media scrum all around it.

7. dave said on 11th March 2011, 13:03

Is the guy in the suit the test/reserve driver?

8. frankus28 (@frankus28) said on 11th March 2011, 13:05

Has anyone played Monaco Racing Simulation 2? I think that the this livery would not be out of place in that game :)

In all seriousness, I’m pleasantly surprised that they’ve up-staged the big boys like Sauber in producing such an attractive livery! Even the tasty cheese chequered flag works for me.

9. MW (@) said on 11th March 2011, 13:08

Must be a tough grind being a HRT engineer.. They must be working all hours and just to avoid being an embarrassment again.
    The front looks like a late 90s F1 and the backs not very neat.. V basic on the face of it..

Ok that’s enough negaitivity!

Man the livery sucks.. No wonder they’ve no sponsors!

On the upside they all look happy and that guys suit is very shiney :)

10. MattHT (@mattht) said on 11th March 2011, 13:08

Haha. I like it! It’s not brilliant but last years grew on me so i hope this does too.

11. zomtec said on 11th March 2011, 13:20

Spanish customs? Where did the send the suspension parts and dampers from?

12. Dingle Dell said on 11th March 2011, 13:48

Funnily, suddenly HRT appears to be the ONLY team with shark-fin attached, whereas the other teams has dropped it for good. Epic!

13. RaulZ said on 11th March 2011, 13:59

At least, all of you are spending a funny time with HRT.

I hope all the best to HRT. I like the spanish flag on it. You know that spanish allways get late to everywhere but we do things well. (is there something spanish in HRT?)

Let’s see it run.

14. Tom, Dick & Harry said on 11th March 2011, 14:03

I wish HRT all the best. For me they are the true underdog team. Though my love is with McLaren i will be rooting for HRT to have a respectable season this year.

Despite my reservations about Karthikeyan, he does have that boyish grin that warms my soul.

15. Faraz said on 11th March 2011, 14:19

Remember that Williams have helped develop the rear end so do expect to see some gain in performance.