2011 F1 drivers and teams
Lotus has confirmed Luiz Razia and Davide Valsecchi will be the team’s test drivers in 2011.
Razia will be the official appointed third driver and Valsecchi will be the team’s reserve driver.
They both drove Lotus’s F1 car in the test at Barcelona on Tuesday and will drive the car during some Friday test sessions this year.
The pair also drive for Lotus’s sister GP2 team Air Asia.
Ricardo Teixeira has also joined the team as a second test driver.
Chief executive officer Riad Asmat said: “Luiz and Davide’s efforts have helped Team AirAsia enjoy a very strong start to its debut season and their roles with Team Lotus will give them invaluable experience of the highest level of global motorsport which will help their natural talents develop in the right direction.
“Ricardo has already learnt a huge amount from his two runs in our car in pre-season testing and we are very excited about seeing Luiz, Davide and Ricardo continue to grow with us throughout 2011 and beyond and the whole team is looking forward to working with them.”
View the list of 2011 F1 drivers and teams.
- Razia and Valsecchi to be Lotus reserve drivers
- Pedro de la Rosa rejoins McLaren as reserve
- HRT confirm Liuzzi as Karthikeyan’s team mate
- Di Resta to race for Force India, Hülkenberg to test
- Fairuz Fauzy joins Renault as reserve driver for 2011
- HRT confirm Karthikeyan in team for 2011
- Renault set date for ‘Lotus Renault GP R31′ launch
- Force India to launch VJM04 at Jerez test
- Petrov to remain at Renault in 2011 and 2012
- Jerome d’Ambrosio to drive for Virgin in 2011
Image © Team Lotus