Michael Schumacher would not be drawn on his car’s performance after leading Friday’s test at Barcelona.
He told journalists at the Circuit de Catalunya: “What I can say is, our package seems to work pretty good at the test, but has everyone showed their potential yet, we will see in Melbourne.”
He added: ?óÔé¼?ôWe have had a good three days here. We?óÔé¼Ôäóre developing the car step by step.”
“The main issue here we had here at the test was finding the balance of the car and optimizing the car performance and that?óÔé¼Ôäós worked pretty well.
“We look forward to Australia. Everything is in reasonably strong condition for Australia.”
Nico Rosberg also drove the car today as the weather forecast for tomorrow predicts rain.
He said: “First of all, it’s super that I was able to do some laps today, given the forecast for tomorrow. It was a good few laps, and obviously now that we have most of the developments for the car, it was handling much better and I had a good feeling.
“So I’m pretty pleased with the situation and would like to thank the whole team for getting everything onto the car that we wanted. We’ve made good progress over the winter.”
Schumacher quotes and additional reporting by Leandra Graves
2011 F1 testing
- Young Drivers Test Day 3 in pictures
- Vergne completes third day on top in Abu Dhabi
- Young Drivers Test Day 2 in pictures
- Vergne stays quickest on second day of test
- Italian F3 pair complete Ferrari test
- Jean-Eric Vergne leads first day of young drivers test
- McLaren cover least test distance with new car
- Rosberg: Mercedes are “on the up”
- Second Barcelona test day 5 in pictures
- Hamilton: reliability and pace concerns for McLaren