Are you happy with how F1 is being run by the FIA president?
F1 Fanatic looks at how the president of the sport?óÔé¼Ôäós governing body, Jean Todt, is managing the championship.
Join in by casting your vote below.
FIA developments since the last approval rating
The FIA had little to say about the situation in Bahrain which led to the postponement of the first race of 2011.
In a letter to the media last week Todt said: “As you all know, on advice from the Bahrain Motor Federation we have had to skip the inaugural Grand Prix in that country due to severe social unrest.
“We have asked our Bahraini colleagues to inform us by May 1st on whether the race can take place. We wish then well in their ongoing attempts to resolve their issues.”
Despite the confusion, the FIA appear content to refer to both teams using the name ‘Lotus’. Their 2011 F1 season guide refers to them as “Lotus Renault GP” and “Team Lotus”.
The high court will begin to hear the dispute between the two teams tomorrow.
The FIA Circuits Commission is to examine F1 tracks “to identify the possibility of increasing the opportunities for overtaking.”
Tyre testing and safety car rules
In order to allow Pirelli to develop new tyres, a new rule announced earlier this month will allow teams to use extra sets of development tyres at Fridays on race weekends.
There have also been some changes to the safety car rules, and special pit lane visits for race track marshals, explained in the link below.
Jean Todt’s Approval Rating
As an F1 fan, do you approve or disapprove of the way Jean Todt is handling his job as FIA President?
- Approve (47%)
- Disapprove (37%)
- No opinion (16%)
Total Voters: 228
Tell us how you voted and explain why in the comments.
Jean Todt?óÔé¼Ôäós Approval Ratings
The Jean Todt Approval Rating was a monthly feature in 2010. It is being run quarterly during 2011.
Debates and polls
- Who are the best drivers outside F1 in 2016?
- Should F1 try the proposed new aggregate qualifying format?
- Which qualifying system should F1 use?
- Which team has the best-looking car for 2016?
- The 2016 F1 season in 20 questions
- Who will win the team mate battles of 2016?
- When should F1 introduce ‘elimination qualifying’?
- Should Formula One use reverse grids?
- Designed-to-degrade vs flat-out F1: Time to change tyres?
- How do you explain F1’s falling popularity since 2008?
Image ?é?® FIA