Debates and polls
Are you happy with how F1 is being run by the FIA president?
F1 Fanatic looks at how the president of the sport’s governing body, Jean Todt, is managing the championship.
Join in by casting your vote below.
FIA developments since the last approval rating
The FIA had little to say about the situation in Bahrain which led to the postponement of the first race of 2011.
In a letter to the media last week Todt said: “As you all know, on advice from the Bahrain Motor Federation we have had to skip the inaugural Grand Prix in that country due to severe social unrest.
“We have asked our Bahraini colleagues to inform us by May 1st on whether the race can take place. We wish then well in their ongoing attempts to resolve their issues.”
Despite the confusion, the FIA appear content to refer to both teams using the name ‘Lotus’. Their 2011 F1 season guide refers to them as “Lotus Renault GP” and “Team Lotus”.
The high court will begin to hear the dispute between the two teams tomorrow.
The FIA Circuits Commission is to examine F1 tracks “to identify the possibility of increasing the opportunities for overtaking.”
Tyre testing and safety car rules
In order to allow Pirelli to develop new tyres, a new rule announced earlier this month will allow teams to use extra sets of development tyres at Fridays on race weekends.
There have also been some changes to the safety car rules, and special pit lane visits for race track marshals, explained in the link below.
Jean Todt’s Approval Rating
As an F1 fan, do you approve or disapprove of the way Jean Todt is handling his job as FIA President?
- Approve (47%)
- Disapprove (37%)
- No opinion (16%)
Total Voters: 228
Tell us how you voted and explain why in the comments.
Jean Todt’s Approval Ratings
The Jean Todt Approval Rating was a monthly feature in 2010. It is being run quarterly during 2011.
Debates and polls
- Fans strongly oppose 2014 mandatory pit stops plan
- Should F1 drivers be forced to make two pit stops?
- Vote for your 2013 Brazilian GP driver of the weekend
- Rate the race: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix
- Vote for your United States GP driver of the weekend
- Rate the race: 2013 United States Grand Prix
- Vote for your Abu Dhabi GP driver of the weekend
- Rate the race: 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Vote for your 2013 Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Rate the race: 2013 Indian Grand Prix
Image © FIA