HRT will not participate in the Australian Grand Prix after failing to beat the 107% time in qualifying.
The fastest time in Q1 was Sebastian Vettel’s 1’25.296, meaning the 107% target time was 1’31.267.
Vitantonio Liuzzi missed the cut by 1.7 seconds and Narian Karthikeyan was three seconds outside.
They will not be allowed to start the race unless the stewards grant them a dispensation. The two cars only covered seven laps during practice.
Virgin drivers Timo Gock and Jerome d’Ambrosio were inside the 107% time by 1.4 and 0.4 seconds respectively.
2011 Australian Grand Prix
- Hamilton and Button expect more from McLaren
- Sauber will not appeal Australia disqualification
- 2011 Australian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Australian Grand Prix weekend?
- No home advantage for Webber at Red Bull
- Relief at McLaren after last-minute changes pay off
- Ferrari look for answers on missing pace
- Collisions spoil Mercedes’ start to the season
- Petrov fires Renault with fine drive to first podium
- Unreliability and driver errors hold Williams back
Browse all 2011 Australian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Motioncompany