Davide Valsecchi will participate in an F1 race weekend for the first time on Friday.
The Italian will drive for Lotus in the first practice session for the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Valsecchi will be at the wheel of Heikki Kovalainen’s car. He has already driven the T128 in pre-season testing.
Technical director Mike Gascoyne said he expects the Sepang circuit will suit the car better: “The conditions at Sepang should suit us more favourably.
“I think the track temperatures will help us show more of the car’s true pace and as the layout it is quite similar to Barcelona – relatively high aero and a good mix of low and high speed turns – I think we will be able to extract more performance from the car than we were able to in Melbourne.”
2011 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Hamilton says Sepang driving “didn’t put anyone in danger”
- Domenicali praises Massa’s “return to form” in Malaysia
- 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull stay ahead but KERS is still a weakness
- Ferrari on form in race after poor qualifying
- Hamilton called for his extra tyre stop at McLaren
- Renault recover from Friday drama for podium
- Schumacher scores for struggling Mercedes
- Two more retirements “not acceptable” at Williams
Browse all 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix articles
Image ?้?ฎ Team Lotus