Lewis Hamilton complained about McLaren’s race strategy after finishing seventh in the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Hamilton made four pit stops during the race. He said: “Through the race I think my tyres went off.
“We boxed [pitted] too early then we had to box earlier. All the time we were boxing before everyone.”
Hamilton lost a place to Nick Heidfeld at the start of the race and fell behind Jenson Button when he had a slower pit stop than his team mate.
He said: “I did everything I could to keep up.
“That’s one of those days, you just have to take it on the chin and move forward.”
2011 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Hamilton says Sepang driving “didn’t put anyone in danger”
- Domenicali praises Massa’s “return to form” in Malaysia
- 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull stay ahead but KERS is still a weakness
- Ferrari on form in race after poor qualifying
- Hamilton called for his extra tyre stop at McLaren
- Renault recover from Friday drama for podium
- Schumacher scores for struggling Mercedes
- Two more retirements “not acceptable” at Williams
Browse all 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix articles