2011 Malaysian GP team review
Paul di Resta scored points in his second consecutive race for Force India.
|Adrian Sutil||Paul di Resta|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’37.593 (+0.223)||1’37.370|
Force India drivers’ lap times throughout the race:
|Paul di Resta||118.56||108.196||106.889||106.487||106.567||106.526||106.573||106.927||107.068||107.204||111.14||122.994||104.647||104.738||105.143||106.297||104.961||104.738||104.268||104.116||104.476||104.539||104.795||108.237||122.559||103.675||104.392||103.905||103.894||103.58||104.3||104.338||104.709||105.059||105.049||106.878||109.276||125.093||103.302||102.982||103.066||103.159||103.86||103.947||103.464||103.48||103.438||102.883||102.99||102.941||103.146||103.759||103.651||106.41||105.488||106.636|
Sutil made contact with Rubens Barrichello at the start and had to pit for a new front wing.
He made his way back up through the field but finished out of the points in 11th.
Paul di Resta
Di Resta out-qualified Sutil for the second race in a row. He ran a three-stop race and briefly held ninth towards the end but couldn’t keep Michael Schumacher behind, as he explained:
“I just could not hold off Michael at the end, he had fresher tyres and we had to stop a bit earlier for my third stop than predicted. But I also did not want to risk the championship point as well.”
Drove di Resta’s car in first practice.
2011 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Hamilton says Sepang driving “didn’t put anyone in danger”
- Domenicali praises Massa’s “return to form” in Malaysia
- 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull stay ahead but KERS is still a weakness
- Ferrari on form in race after poor qualifying
- Hamilton called for his extra tyre stop at McLaren
- Renault recover from Friday drama for podium
- Schumacher scores for struggling Mercedes
- Two more retirements “not acceptable” at Williams
Browse all 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Force India F1 Team
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others