2011 Chinese Grand Prix qualifying pictures

F1 pictures

Sebastian Vettel recorded his 18th career pole position in Shanghai.

And there were some stand-out performances from Paul di Resta and the Toro Rosso drivers, who all qualified in the top ten.

Take a look back at qualifying and the final practice session with this selection of pictures.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, McLaren, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Team Lotus, Virgin Racing, Motioncompany, Pirelli

31 comments on 2011 Chinese Grand Prix qualifying pictures

1. Whats with the Ferrari like race suits of the McL boys?
    Santander/Vodafone influence i guess.

2. Fixy (@fixy) said on 16th April 2011, 11:18

Mark Webber, Virgin, Shanghai, 2011

I knew he would have changed team!

3. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 16th April 2011, 11:30

I like the red suits. I prefer the usual ones but nevertheless, a bit of colour :)

4. nikeee said on 16th April 2011, 13:03

happy birthday paul :)

5. box this lap (@sebashuis) said on 16th April 2011, 14:29

And again!

Thanks for the beautifull pictures Keith! I have a better view from my desktop than the people on the grandstand that paid a lot of ¥’s

6. Macca (@macca) said on 16th April 2011, 14:59

You could be forgiven for thinking that this is A1GP.

Williams have Venezuela written on there car.
    Sauber have Mexico written on there car.
    Lotus have Malaysia written on there car.
    Ferrari have Italy written on there car.
    Force India have India written on there car.
    HRT have Spain written on there car.
    McLaren are basically a British team.
    Mercedes are basically a German team.

That only leaves Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Virgin and Renault.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 16th April 2011, 15:03

McLaren are basically a British team.

With German engines, Bahraini part-ownership and Kiwi heritage.

I take your point about the number of teams with names of countries on them now, though.

• nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 16th April 2011, 16:05

with two british drivers old chap i say i say cup of tea anyone

• Macca (@macca) said on 16th April 2011, 16:11

With German engines, Bahraini part-ownership and Kiwi heritage.

I under stand that it is Kiwi heritage but with the McLaren and the Mercedes I was kind of drawing a long bow in regards to the driver line ups, ie. Mercedes have two Germans and McLaren have two British. I knew that would confuse people when I wrote it. :)

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 16th April 2011, 17:35

I knew that would confuse people when I wrote it.

I wasn’t confused. McLaren is a British team with two British drivers, therefore you’re right.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 16th April 2011, 17:44

No confusion – I’m disputing it.

• Macca (@macca) said on 16th April 2011, 18:12

No confusion – I’m disputing it.

I’m not sure what you are disputing. I agree with you that they are not. The only reason I said it was the driver line up alone.

I think they are about as British as Sir Jack Brabhams 1966 championship.

7. Dan Newton said on 16th April 2011, 16:05

Good picture(s) of the last three world champions, strangely in the order they got them. They all look relaxed around each other.

8. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 16th April 2011, 16:05

love that head on shot of lewis. 3rd pic in. :D

9. Fixy (@fixy) said on 16th April 2011, 18:47

Look:
    Mark Webber’s official name for his number is “Driver Number 2″

10. russ mckennett said on 16th April 2011, 18:54

The low camera angle on some of these photos are the BEST f1 pics Ive ever seen.(merc & ferrari)Fantastic across 2 monitors.
    Thanks for the effort.

11. Xander said on 16th April 2011, 23:48

Here is the link to the Hugo Boss / McLaren competition for designing the McLaren drivers’ suits.