Rate the race: 2011 Chinese Grand Prix

Debates and Polls

What did you think of the Chinese Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 Chinese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (1%)
  • 7 (3%)
  • 8 (10%)
  • 9 (38%)
  • 10 (48%)

Total Voters: 882

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

341 comments on Rate the race: 2011 Chinese Grand Prix

1. Ben Curly (@ben-curly) said on 17th April 2011, 9:56

I did not expect that. Did I just watch Shanghai in the dry? Damn, that was amazing race!

2. Malibu_GP said on 17th April 2011, 9:57

Ok Fanatics, this one had it all! Kers, drs, and tire degradation all added to this incredible race. We saw Lewis ( contrary to popular belief) masterfully manage/preserve his tires, Webber storm thru the field, Filipe truly returning to form and Schu showing why he’s won seven titles. I am very curious to read the complaints of the incessant naysayers… I say, Bravo! This one is a classic to be remembered in the annuls of F1 lore. PERFECT 10…

3. Drarckula (@drarckula) said on 17th April 2011, 9:57

that is on par if not better with canada 10… heart was pounding all the way through as a die hard hamilton fan =P martin brundell got it perfectly: “that is a drive of a world champion…” 10/10

4. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 17th April 2011, 9:57

Easily easily easily easily the best race in 6 years and arguably the best since the Nurburgring 1999.

Very deserving of the first 10 I’ve ever given on F1F. I’m usually very strict about rating races highly, but wow. Wow wow wo.

5. rblv said on 17th April 2011, 9:57

best race ever

6. Oliver said on 17th April 2011, 10:00

Button in conversation with Redbull. :-)

7. SoLiDG (@solidg) said on 17th April 2011, 10:00

Great great race!
    And A winner who had to pass the top 4 to get there!

So much excitement, I love it. And a great track layout for racing.

8. as a Ferrari fan all I can say is brilliant race and brilliant win. Congratz to McLaren and Hamilton, well deserved.
    Great race, 9/10 from me.

• Bren said on 17th April 2011, 10:48

i agree. as a ferrari fan too.

but also as a ferrari man i want to know where their brain cells have gone.

again they blew it by crazy strategy and slow stops on fernandos side.

i dont how they can keep doing messing up. its not that hard to work out

9. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 17th April 2011, 10:02

Who said F1 was boring?

This
    Race
    Was
    Awesome

10 out of 10 for me.

10. a_flying_muffin (@a_flying_muffin) said on 17th April 2011, 10:02

Absolutely amazing race!!!
    Great job Lewis!
    OUTSTANDING Job Webber (18th to 3rd)

11. adamf184 (@adamf184) said on 17th April 2011, 10:03

Great race all I need to say, enjoyed every lap.

DRS zone was perfect size too so glad it got shorted, the longer zone would have seen way too much easy obvious moves.

12. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 17th April 2011, 10:04

No Vettel finger after the race…that alone deserves a 9/10!

13. bpacman (@bpacman) said on 17th April 2011, 10:05

Wow. What more you could you ask for in a race?! Incredible driving from all of the top 5, brilliant overtaking, battles all the way down the field, different strategies – it had everything. Also – it was great to see overtakes all over the circuit, and not just in the DRS zone.

No need for the spinklers Bernie, just stick with Pirelli tyres!

14. xanathos (@xanathos) said on 17th April 2011, 10:05

Amazing race, 9/10 for me (saving the 10 for something really special or if a driver I like actually wins something :D)
    Additionally, 23 drivers finished, only one retirement due to a sleeping mechanic…And all the racing without crashes, these guys are really the best drivers in the world!

15. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 17th April 2011, 10:05

9 out of 10 for me. And I have to admnit, that’s only because I’m biased (my only good prediction was pole)
    If I think objective, it should be 10 out of 10, suspense wise.

What a race, what a season!

Although I’m beginning to warm to DRS, some overtakes looked a bit too easy. I guess the overtakers were faster anyway, so now it fits with the Reduce Drag purpose.

16. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 17th April 2011, 10:05

The current race average: 9.4846

Wow :O

17. narboza22 (@narboza22) said on 17th April 2011, 10:06

It was a good race, but I think it showed that DRS really needs to go. There were plenty of passes that did not need artificial assistance and the ones that were the result of DRS were fake. Take the Renault for example: in a straight line it was faster that almost all the cars that tried to pass it on the back straight until the overtaker popped their wing open and sailed on past. That is not fair as the Renault is a faster car. Additionally, DRS is supposed to compensate for the dirty air in the wake of the cars that prevents overtaking. In this race it was compensating for cars that lacked straight line speed.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 17th April 2011, 10:09

You mean like all the fake defending in the years gone by simply because of aero wake?

• Damon (@damon) said on 17th April 2011, 10:12

I’ve never known that the aero wake only hindered the chosen ones…

• narboza22 (@narboza22) said on 17th April 2011, 10:13

I’m not saying that a lack of overtaking because of the aero wake is a good thing. If it was up to me, they would go back to ground effects or something to solve that problem, but since that’s not the case, I don’t want to see the problem solved by DRS. Get rid of it, and leave it to Pirelli to create the overtaking. The tires are a legitimate way of creating overtaking, DRS is not.

• Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 17th April 2011, 10:13

I think we probably saw more overtaking at Turn 5 than Turn 14 :)

• Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 17th April 2011, 10:14

We probably had more overtaking at Turn 5 than Turn 14 :)

18. ketu (@ketu) said on 17th April 2011, 10:07

Absolutely best race in a long time! 10!

19. wezza said on 17th April 2011, 10:08

fantastic race, the best I have seen for quite a while..

Hamilton & Webber

20. Slr (@slr) said on 17th April 2011, 10:10

I gave Malaysia a 9 as there was no battle for the lead. This race gets a 10 for having such a great battle for the lead.