2011 Chinese GP team review
Rookie Paul di Resta continued his impressive start to the year at Shanghai.
|Adrian Sutil||Paul di Resta|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’35.874 (+0.016)||1’35.858|
Force India drivers’ lap times throughout the race:
|Paul di Resta||110.598||106.021||105.396||106.12||105.629||105.019||104.762||105.048||105.816||105.401||110.557||121.875||104.961||103.799||103.625||104.907||104.058||104.259||103.901||103.926||103.814||103.813||103.816||104.203||103.791||104.769||104.782||104.556||104.042||104.822||105.028||111.009||121.614||103.185||104.006||102.805||102.995||103.295||102.687||102.948||102.782||102.942||102.933||102.838||102.614||103.004||102.936||102.94||103.276||103.133||103.526||104.152||105.281||104.802||105.279||106.887|
Made a strong start from 11th on the grid to run eighth behind his team mate. He was as high as sixth before his first pit stop.
He was in 11th place and set to run to the end when Sergio Perez hit him at turn one.
The contact broke Sutil’s front wing, forcing him to pit again and leaving him 15th. Sutil said the contact “cost me the race”.
Paul di Resta
Missed second practice due to a fuel pressure problem on his car. Reached Q3 for the first time, qualifying eighth, and kept up his run of out-qualifying Sutil.
He gained a place at the start and made an early first pit stop as the team tried – unsuccessfully – to maintain his track position advantage over Michael Schumacher.
That cost him as his tyres went off at the end of the race, leaving him unable to keep Vitaly Petrov and Kamui Kobayashi from dropping him out of the points.
Drove in place of Sutil in first practice.
2011 Chinese Grand Prix
- Hamilton: ‘It’s sweeter to win by overtaking’
- 2011 Chinese Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Chinese GP weekend?
- McLaren: Button’s pit mistakes almost cost Hamilton
- Red Bull: Poor qualifying gives strategy advantage to Webber
- Ferrari: Montezemolo demands reaction after poor result
- Mercedes: Rosberg beats Ferraris despite fuel worries
- Renault: Points salvaged after poor qualifying
- Sauber: Two penalties in one race for Perez
- Lotus: Kovalainen joins in midfield battle
Image © Force India F1 Team