2011 F1 season
Nick Heidfeld has joined the debate over F1’s controversial Drag Reduction Systems by admitting he is “not a fan” of the adjustable rear wings.
Heidfeld said: “Well, like with everything, the more you use it the easier it gets but we?óÔéĽÔäóre still working on getting the perfect switch positions which we should have ready for Turkey.
“I think it?óÔéĽÔäós all working fine and going to plan, even though I?óÔéĽÔäóm not a fan of the rear wing because I don?óÔéĽÔäót particularly like things which artificially aim to improve racing.”
Not all F1 drivers share his view. Earlier this month Nico Rosberg said DRS was the “best idea ever probably, for this sport”.
Heidfeld added the new tyres have also made overtaking easier in some situations: “The biggest difference is the tyres.
“With the rear wing active and the car in front having similar tyres, overtaking might still be difficult which is exactly as what was planned with DRS, however if you have fresher tyres it might be much easier to overtake. I think we?óÔéĽÔäóve seen far more overtaking than in the past.”
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Renault/LAT