The FIA has set the zone for the Drag Reduction System for the Turkish Grand Prix.
Drivers will be able to activate their systems in the race from shortly before turn 11. The systems will remain open until they reach the braking zone for turn 12.
Significantly, the FIA have again not given drivers the full length of the longest straight on the track to use the devices, in a bid to keep it from making overtaking too easy.
The DRS detection point will be in the braking zone for turn nine (click to enlarge):
As usual, drivers will have free use of the system in practice and qualifying.
What do you think of DRS? Vote here: Drag Reduction Systems: Your verdict
2011 Turkish Grand Prix
- 2011 Turkish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Turkish Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull: Vettel leads a one-sided one-two
- Ferrari: Alonso stops the rot with podium run
- McLaren: Hamilton salvages fourth after battling with Button
- Mercedes: A weekend to forget for Schumacher
- Renault: Heidfeld unhappy with Petrov after contact
- Sauber: Point for Kobayashi after starting on last row
- Force India: Di Resta posts first retirement
- Williams: Barrichello falls to 15th with KERS fault
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images