2011 Turkish GP weather foecast
The F1 circus has arrived at a cloudy, cool and damp Istanbul where rain is expected to affect some of this weekend’s F1 sessions.
Friday is very likely to see rain (70-80% chance) but most forecasts agree the chance of precipitation decreases sharply after that.
There are some exceptions – the BBC currently expect “heavy rain” on Sunday.
When F1 first visited Turkey five years ago it did so in the hottest month of the year – August, when maximum temperatures in the Istanbul region are in the high 20s (C).
The race has been moved earlier and earlier and is now scheduled one week after the month which is typically the coolest of the year.
Istanbul is a punishing track for tyres but with temperatures in the low teens on all three days the extreme demands will be lessened.
Location of the Istanbul Park circuit
The Istanbul Park track is east of Istanbul:
2011 Turkish Grand Prix
- 2011 Turkish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Turkish Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull: Vettel leads a one-sided one-two
- Ferrari: Alonso stops the rot with podium run
- McLaren: Hamilton salvages fourth after battling with Button
- Mercedes: A weekend to forget for Schumacher
- Renault: Heidfeld unhappy with Petrov after contact
- Sauber: Point for Kobayashi after starting on last row
- Force India: Di Resta posts first retirement
- Williams: Barrichello falls to 15th with KERS fault
Image ?é?® Motioncompany
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others