Can you predict the top five finishers in the Turkish Grand Prix?
There are prizes to be won if you can including F1 DVDs for the best race prediction and F1 race tickets for the season champion.
You now have until the start of qualifying on Saturday to enter your predictions. After you submit your predictions you can continue to edit them up to the deadline.
There are prizes to be won in every race plus grand prizes for the overall winners at the end of the season.
Whoever gets the highest overall score throughout the year will win a pair of grandstand tickets for the 2012 British Grand Prix.
Here are the prizes in full:
Grand prize: Two grandstands tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix
The person who scores the most points over the whole season will win two grandstand tickets to the 2012 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
The grand prize winner will receive tickets to all three days of the event with reserved seating for the race.
The winners will have tickets for the Becketts grandstand which offers views of the spectacular, high-speed Becketts complex plus part of the new infield section of the track which saw so much action in the 2010 race.
Second place prize: An F1 painting of your choice
The second place finisher will win an F1 painting by Rob Ijbema.
You get to choose which F1 driver, present or past, will feature in the painting. Or you can pick one of the other motor racing paintings on Rob’s site Car-a-day.
More prizes to come!
Further prizes for the highest-scoring players will be announced later this year.
Race winners prize: A pair of F1 DVDs
Duke Video are supplying the prize for the player who gets the highest score in each round.
Each race winner will get to pick any two from the following three new Duke motor racing DVDs:
Race runners-up prize: F1 Fanatic mugs
The second place finisher in each race will win an official F1 Fanatic mug.
See here for more details on F1 Fanatic merchandise:
How to enter
You have until the start of qualifying on Saturday to make your predictions for each round.
A reminder will be posted on the site after free practice two on Friday as well as on Twitter.
Each player may predict the pole sitter, the pole position lap time and the top five finishers in the race. See below for the rules in full.
You need to log in using an F1 Fanatic account to make your prediction.
Enter your pole position lap time prediction in the following format: MM:SS.ccc For example, for a lap of one minute, 25.386 seconds enter 01:25.386
After submitting your prediction you will receive an email to the address you created your F1 Fanatic account with confirming your entry. If this does not happen, or you are concerned your prediction has not been received, please get in touch using the contact form.
Make your predictions
Competition terms and conditions
1. Maximum one entry per household.
2. The competition is not open to employees, friends or family of F1 Fanatic, Silverstone Circuit, Duke Video or Car-a-Day.
3. Predictions will be promoted on the front page of F1 Fanatic before closing prior to the start of qualifying.
4. In each round players are invited to predict (a) who will be on pole position and (b) what the top five finishers will be (five different drivers).
5. Players score points in each round as follows:
a. Correctly naming the pole sitter: 2 points
b. Correctly naming one/two/three/four/five driver/s who finish in the top five: 1/2/3/5/8 points
c. Correctly predicting where one/two/three/four/five driver/s finish: 2/6/14/24/40 points
6. Whoever scores the most points in every race counting towards the Formula 1 World Championship wins the grand prize.
7. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined by who came closest to predicting the pole position time correctly. If that fails to produce a winner the editor will choose a means of deciding who has won.
8. Predictions must be entered using the form above. If you have trouble submitting your entry via the form please contact F1 Fanatic via email and send your prediction using the contact form.
9. In the event of a dispute the editor?óÔé¼Ôäós decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. No cash alternative is offered for any of the prizes.
11. Grand Prix tickets: Children must be accompanied by an adult. Accommodation and transport to the venue not included.
12. Players who have won prizes will be notified by email within seven days of each Grand Prix. DVD and mug prizes will be despatched within 28 days of that email being sent. Grand Prix tickets will be despatched once they are available.
See the current championship standings:
Don’t miss a single round of the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship. Subscribe to F1 Fanatic using RSS, email or Twitter: Click here for more information.
2011 Turkish Grand Prix
- 2011 Turkish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Turkish Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull: Vettel leads a one-sided one-two
- Ferrari: Alonso stops the rot with podium run
- McLaren: Hamilton salvages fourth after battling with Button
- Mercedes: A weekend to forget for Schumacher
- Renault: Heidfeld unhappy with Petrov after contact
- Sauber: Point for Kobayashi after starting on last row
- Force India: Di Resta posts first retirement
- Williams: Barrichello falls to 15th with KERS fault
Image ?é?® Renault/LAT