HRT’s upgrade showed potential in Turkey.
But a wheel problem for Vitantonio Liuzzi kept them from beating their rivals.
|Narain Karthikeyan||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’31.564 (+0.872)||1’30.692|
HRT drivers’ lap times throughout the race:
Stopped with a problem in the wet first practice session.
Despite the upgrades to the F111 Karthikeyan was slowest in qualifying again. Kamui Kobayashi’s stoppage and Jerome D’Ambrosio’s penalty elevated him to 22nd.
Liuzzi’s problems meant he finished behind his team mate but almost a minute behind D’Ambrosio.
Out-qualified Timo Glock and started in front of the other Virgin as Jerome D’Ambrosio was given a penalty.
But D’Ambrosio overtook Liuzzi on lap nine and began to pull away from the HRT.
Liuzzi’s hopes of beating him were dashed at his first pit stop when a wheel gun problem meant a wheel nut was lost and Liuzzi had to come in again for another stop on the next lap.
However his lap times showed HRT’s upgrade have brought them closer to Virgin.
He said: “We?óÔé¼Ôäóve shown an improvement in our performance and had good pace on Friday and Saturday proving that the gap has closed with Virgin.
“In the race we need to try and understand what we did wrong, we had a problem with both front tyres and need to work on this to make sure it doesn?óÔé¼Ôäót happen again in the next race.”
2011 Turkish Grand Prix
- 2011 Turkish Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Turkish Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull: Vettel leads a one-sided one-two
- Ferrari: Alonso stops the rot with podium run
- McLaren: Hamilton salvages fourth after battling with Button
- Mercedes: A weekend to forget for Schumacher
- Renault: Heidfeld unhappy with Petrov after contact
- Sauber: Point for Kobayashi after starting on last row
- Force India: Di Resta posts first retirement
- Williams: Barrichello falls to 15th with KERS fault
Image ?é?® Motioncompany