2011 F1 season
Eric Lux has confirmed he will pursue a criminal case against Adrian Sutil following an incident in a club in Shanghai.
Lux, the chief executive of Genii Capital which owns the Renault F1 team, issued the following statement through Swiss legal firm Lalive:
“In the view of the recent events which occurred in Shanghai on April 17th, Mr Eric Lux has decided to file a criminal complaint against Mr Adrian Sutil for physical assault and grievous bodily harm.
“As soon as the complaint is registered, the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and the team Force India will be notified.
“Furthermore, please note that Mr Eric Lux does not exclude commencing an action against any other persons involved in this matter.”
Sutil made a statement on Thursday apologising for the incident, in which Lux is reported to have suffered a cut to his neck.
2011 F1 season
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image © Force India F1 Team